Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Jeep; 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Arctic edition. The only option it didn't come with that I really wanted was the Auto A/C. Before I bought it, I found a website selling the panel for $71, but can't find it again. New, it is only a $140 upgrade from Jeep, so I believe it is just a different control panel with a temp sensor. Does anyone know anything about the possibility of swapping out the panel? The Jeep dealership offered to try and do it if I could track down the panel.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
I want to go the other way... from auto A/C to manual.... If it's just swapping out the temp control panel, I'm on it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought my first Jeep; 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Arctic edition. The only option it didn't come with that I really wanted was the Auto A/C. Before I bought it, I found a website selling the panel for $71, but can't find it again. New, it is only a $140 upgrade from Jeep, so I believe it is just a different control panel with a temp sensor. Does anyone know anything about the possibility of swapping out the panel? The Jeep dealership offered to try and do it if I could track down the panel.

Please keep us updated on this... I have autostart & it would make way more sense with having the auto A/C instead of the manual.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I want to go the other way... from auto A/C to manual.... If it's just swapping out the temp control panel, I'm on it!
Do you mean the Automatic Temperature Control (Turn the Mode Control knob (on the right) and the Blower Control knob (on the left) to AUTO.)?

Annoying as hell IMO. I never use the auto setting.

DB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dick Blonov said:
Do you mean the Automatic Temperature Control (Turn the Mode Control knob (on the right) and the Blower Control knob (on the left) to AUTO.)?

DB
Yes, I mean setting the temp to 70 like you would in your home and let the automatic controls get you to 70 instead of constantly messing with the heat and blower controls.

·
4,666 Posts

DB
Me nether. But, the air temp setting still tries to maintain the set temperature instead of just adjusting the incoming air temp. It's all over the map. Too hot mostly. I just want to set the incoming air temp myself, which can't be done with the auto temp control.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah, I have that on my work vehicle. When you first get in on a hot day it blows your sunglasses off your face with hot air (as the aircon hasnt cooled the air yet).

After having it for a while I have mine set back to manual and leave it there, just ocasionally adjusting the fan speed or temp setting.

·
4,666 Posts
Haven't found the auto temp control panel for the wrangler yet. But, I did find one for GCs and commanders.

JustforJeeps.com listing states:
OE A/C & Heater Climate Control unit for Jeeps with Automatic Temp Control (4 knobs). Fits 05-07 WK Grand Cherokee and 06 XK Commander.

Can not be used in Jeeps with Manual Climate Control systems.
Another listing for GC a/c and heaters lists a bunch of different parts for manual only, or automatic systems only.

Air Conditioning & Heating Parts for 1993-2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee by Morris 4x4 Center

Looks like a simple panel switch may not be all that is required to change one to the other.....

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
SeaComms said:
Yeah, I have that on my work vehicle. When you first get in on a hot day it blows your sunglasses off your face with hot air (as the aircon hasnt cooled the air yet).

After having it for a while I have mine set back to manual and leave it there, just ocasionally adjusting the fan speed or temp setting.
That has been my experience also. I think I paid 155 for the auto temp control on my 2012.I don't think it is even worth that,what a waste of 155 bucks. My next jeep ,I will not check that box.

AJ:)

·
4,666 Posts
That has been my experience also. I think I paid 155 for the auto temp control on my 2012.I don't think it is even worth that,what a waste of 155 bucks. My next jeep ,I will not check that box.

AJ:)
I ordered for the cabin air filter system that came only with the auto temp control option . Didn't know in early June when I ordered that everything but $10 worth of easy to install filters are there with the manual temp control... :doh:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered for the cabin air filter system that came only with the auto temp control option . Didn't know in early June when I ordered that everything but $10 worth of easy to install filters are there with the manual temp control... :doh:
Are you saying that my $40k Wrangler did not come with a cheap pollen filter?

·
4,666 Posts
Are you saying that my $40k Wrangler did not come with a cheap pollen filter?
Not if you have manual temperature control. But, for about $10, you can buy the two filters and put them in yourself.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts