Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having a problem with their 2012 clocks being too slow? We reset it weekly, and by the end of the week, it's 2 minutes behind consistently. Just curious.

·
Banned
764 Posts
All jk clocks seam to be that way. It's just a jeep thing. Now you understand! But if you get the nav like I have in my jk, the clock is always dead on and even changes when you enter a new time zone. And changes for DST also. Gets it all from the GPS. Nav is worth every cent, and is smarter then all men and most women.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks 4fit. For some reason I never bothere searching the forums first. Is this a warranty problem that the dealer can take care of, or just something that you deal with?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All jk clocks seam to be that way. It's just a jeep thing. Now you understand! But if you get the nav like I have in my jk, the clock is always dead on and even changes when you enter a new time zone. And changes for DST also. Gets it all from the GPS. Nav is worth every cent, and is smarter then all men and most women.
LOL! Thanks!

·
Banned
764 Posts
thanks 4fit. For some reason I never bothere searching the forums first. Is this a warranty problem that the dealer can take care of, or just something that you deal with?
Several on here have had new clocks ( radioes) put in under warranty and the new one does the same thing. A factory nav or aftermarket radio may be the only fix. Kinda sucks though. I have a 05 F250 that looses about a minute a month. So I correct every now and then or when I have to change it every 6 month anyway due to the stupid DST crap. A minute a month is not that big of a deal, and I don't drive it much anyway.

·
Banned
764 Posts
It's not just the 12s. Several threads on this. Mine loses about 5 minutes every couple weeks.
That is a lot to be off. But it's only time, I generally don't care what time it is. It is usually daytime or nighttime and you can usually tell without a clock!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting. I just noticed the other day that my clock was 5 minutes slow. I reset it but haven't driven it in 3 days, so I'm not sure if it has fallen behind again.

I have the RHB-430, but from one of the earlier posts, it seems this only affects the non-nav units?

·
Banned
764 Posts
Interesting. I just noticed the other day that my clock was 5 minutes slow. I reset it but haven't driven it in 3 days, so I'm not sure if it has fallen behind again.

I have the RHB-430, but from one of the earlier posts, it seems this only affects the non-nav units?
I think there is a setting in the time section that lets you set the clock manually or set it to satellite time and it does it all itself, like reseting when you move to a different time zone. I think I have the RHB-430 in my 11 also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts