Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
if it's the same instrument that has been used in prior model year runs, a lot of folks on the forum say they run 2 to 5 minutes slow per month. Mine loses about 3 minutes a month. Warranty replacement does not help because you just end up getting the mis-calibrated model. Jeep says it is within "Factory Tolerance".

I just set mine a few minutes ahead and I am gtg for a month.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Picked up Jeep, set clock one month yesterday, lost 4 minutes.

1. I don't really care.
2. That's stone-age accuracy. No excuse for that!

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I'm underwhelmed. :whistling:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
Picked up Jeep, set clock one month yesterday, lost 4 minutes.

1. I don't really care.
2. That's stone-age accuracy. No excuse for that!
That's 4 minutes you didn't age last month...the new JK is the fountain of youth...perhaps it is the Pentastar's flux capacitor...in two years you will be in 1984.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
That's 4 minutes you didn't age last month...the new JK is the fountain of youth...perhaps it is the Pentastar's flux capacitor...in two years you will be in 1984.
:eek: Noooooo. I don't want to go back..... to working!

So, 9/6 is tomorrow.... good luck! And, congratulations!

·
Banned
764 Posts
if you 2012 guys were not so cheap and ordered the nav your clocks would run dead on. Nav clocks run off the gps and have never had the chyrsler clock syndrome. I know they read this stuff. Cant they fix anything. (CHYRSLER) OMG its the holy grail 2012 for christ sake. Mine hasnt lost one second in my 11 in 7 months! And with nav not only can you find gas stations, you can find the cheapest gas if you want. Oh i forgot 2012s dont use any gas!

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
^^ I've been egging these clock threads on for some time now :hide: even though my CHRYSLER INSTALLED RADIO has kept perfect time since the day I got it. It is a NAV radio and I suspect it updates the time from the satellites because it is absolutely perfect and has been from day one. I do however feel the pain of those without NAV. :dance:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
:eek: Noooooo. I don't want to go back..... to working!

So, 9/6 is tomorrow.... good luck! And, congratulations!
We'll see, I have been ON HOLD since 9/1...it went KZ, released from factory, and it appears to be stuck in Toledo...we'll see if they update it tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes... I have been keeping myself busy like everyone else, buying crap for my Jeep... :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Not all of us have the option to buy it. Even if we did, a lot of us wouldn't because it's the most overpriced, underperforming option they offer.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Not all of us have the option to buy it. Even if we did, a lot of us wouldn't because it's the most overpriced, underperforming option they offer.
My factory installed "MyGig" with upgraded sound system was definitely pricy. But compared to the Sahara Unlimited that I drove for 8 months before Chrysler bought it back, it is the best sounding factory installed radio I have ever had in an economy....up to mid-range priced vehicles. I am totally satisfied with it. I'm an electronics guy AND an audiophile. I consider my ears to be pretty well trained. The only pitfall of this entire installation is the sub-woofer in the back. When I figure out what to do with that to correct it, I'll be in ecstasy. For now I'll have to settle for nirvana.

·
Registered
231 Posts
jk'n said:
My factory installed "MyGig" with upgraded sound system was definitely pricy. But compared to the Sahara Unlimited that I drove for 8 months before Chrysler bought it back, it is the best sounding factory installed radio I have ever had in an economy....up to mid-range priced vehicles. I am totally satisfied with it. I'm an electronics guy AND an audiophile. I consider my ears to be pretty well trained. The only pitfall of this entire installation is the sub-woofer in the back. When I figure out what to do with that to correct it, I'll be in ecstasy. For now I'll have to settle for nirvana.
That's good to hear. I was wondering if I would be satisfied with it. I am coming from an Infiniti convertible with the BEST stock stereo that I have heard (Bose.) I am usually not impressed with Bose car audio, bit this was great.

If you find an upgrade to the sub, make sure you post. Nirvana, like Curt Cobain?

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
That's good to hear. I was wondering if I would be satisfied with it. I am coming from an Infiniti convertible with the BEST stock stereo that I have heard (Bose.) I am usually not impressed with Bose car audio, bit this was great.

If you find an upgrade to the sub, make sure you post. Nirvana, like Curt Cobain?
Haha,

Your last stereo I would consider one of the best sounding systems in a high-priced range of cars. The jeep NAV radio is good but not that good. What I will say is that you will hear good highs mid-range and lows. However, there is some lows that cause distortion that can occasionally be heard from the sub. My guess is that it is only occurring in a narrow band of low frequencies. It could be a combination of materials that the sub is mad out of and/or the enclosure. Maybe related to a resonance causing the speaker to move in and out to the max point causing a squaring off of sine waves produced at that frequency. Only a guess. I can hear it and it sounds narrow in frequency. It will be solved either by replacing the speaker with a more tightly held cone and/or changing the enclosure possibly adding a hole behind the speaker allowing it to travel further without distorting the wave that it is reproducing. I just don't have the time to deal with it right now. I am going to open it soon to check out how air is allowed to move behind the speaker. If it is closed, I'm going to open it up and see what it sounds like.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm not an electronics guy, nor an audiophile, so I have to ask what the MyGig is and what it has to do with the 430 and 730 that are currently offered. They are $1000 and $1800 respectively and I just don't see how that's a good deal.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
"MyGig" is what the improved sound system was called back in the olden days when the JK first came out young feller. hehe

It was a $1500.00 upgrade back then. You can make up your own mind about what that compares to now...probably compares to the $1800.00 upgrade??

In an 08 the $1500.00 upgrade accounted for upgraded speakers, amp, navigation system, DVD player, and the radio itself. It seemed like a lot of money at the time but when included in the closing costs, it is just another expense to get a really nicely equipped vehicle that you can drive off of the lot and not have to rip it apart to install it yourself. For the price I paid, the upgrade has been well worth it. I have enjoyed driving it and turning the tunes up so loud it overcomes the wind noise with the top down. The most fun vehicle I have ever owned...including the sound system.

·
Registered
231 Posts
jk'n said:
Haha,

Your last stereo I would consider one of the best sounding systems in a high-priced range of cars. The jeep NAV radio is good but not that good. What I will say is that you will hear good highs mid-range and lows. However, there is some lows that cause distortion that can occasionally be heard from the sub. My guess is that it is only occurring in a narrow band of low frequencies. It could be a combination of materials that the sub is mad out of and/or the enclosure. Maybe related to a resonance causing the speaker to move in and out to the max point causing a squaring off of sine waves produced at that frequency. Only a guess. I can hear it and it sounds narrow in frequency. It will be solved either by replacing the speaker with a more tightly held cone and/or changing the enclosure possibly adding a hole behind the speaker allowing it to travel further without distorting the wave that it is reproducing. I just don't have the time to deal with it right now. I am going to open it soon to check out how air is allowed to move behind the speaker. If it is closed, I'm going to open it up and see what it sounds like.
That's a good idea...let me know what you think once you check it out...thanks much for the info...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts