Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a chance to pick up a COD stock lift. The guys says is 2.5 inches. Will this lift work on my 2014 stock sport? I asked what made the lift since the number on the springs are 59 and he said it does with the everything installed like the control arms and what not. Does this sound right?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
have a chance to pick up a COD stock lift. The guys says is 2.5 inches. Will this lift work on my 2014 stock sport? I asked what made the lift since the number on the springs are 59 and he said it does with the everything installed like the control arms and what not. Does this sound right?
no if it is stock it is just like any other rubicon or sport or sahara with the same numbers on the coils.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
COD's do not have a "stock lift", they have the normal springs like any other JK. Now maybe the dealer out a lift on it new or something, but I think you definitely need a bunch of pictures and more info before preceding with this.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nope

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Call of Duty aren't lifted stock. Now if the dealer lifted it, it would be aftermarket. Since you have a 2 door JK, 18/59 springs may give you some lift, but the guy shouldn't advertise it as a lift. Hope you didn't pay as if it were an aftermarket lift.

-Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got some pics from the guy and he sent me this.

image-667993156.jpg

I was skeptical at first but after googling it, I read on a few websites that the 2012 COD had a stock 2" Lift...

·
Registered
212 Posts
The cod isnt lifted and the stuff there is stock. The track bar isnt adjustable=stock. The shocks are definitely stock and the springs look stock as well. Definitely not a 2 inch lift

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I got some pics from the guy and he sent me this.

View attachment 1041769

I was skeptical at first but after googling it, I read on a few websites that the 2012 COD had a stock 2" Lift...
those are stock rubicon shocks and coils and control arms and sway bar links. control arms are not going to give you lift coils and spacers are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the headsup everyone. Guess he was trying to make a quick buck. He won't reply now. Guess I'll keep looking for a good deal. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Does anyone know what that dealer lift was? Was it spacers or different springs?
Dealers can add any different kinds of lifts. Local dealer does AEV another BDS another Mopar so kind of what ever they deal with. Factory Mopar lifts are just rebadged lifts from somebody like Teraflex or some one similar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts