Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's time to pull the trigger on ordering a new JK! :dance: Can anyone please give me their recent experience with order times? My dealer is saying 6 to 8 weeks from date of order until delivery. Reasonable?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
OK, it's time to pull the trigger on ordering a new JK! :dance: Can anyone please give me their recent experience with order times? My dealer is saying 6 to 8 weeks from date of order until delivery. Reasonable?
Thats about what I was told and seem to be experiencing.
I ordered on 8/12 it got built on 9/7 and loaded today on rail car 9/8....estimated arrival at dealership is 9/20

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about what I was told and seem to be experiencing.
I ordered on 8/12 it got built on 9/7 and loaded today on rail car 9/8....estimated arrival at dealership is 9/20
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow-up question. I've read through most of the 2012 order info and I have the app bookmarked to check status once I get a VIN. How soon do I get a VIN? I assume I have to get that from the dealer or is there another way?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I ordered on 7/19, Built on 8/17, no Delivery yet!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered on 7/19, Built on 8/17, no Delivery yet!!!!!!!
Wow. I would be climbing the walls. Have you tracked it to see where the bottleneck is?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I ordered 8/13. Still in D. Many are much worse off. There's no rhyme or reason.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered my Sahara JKU on 8/25, I have the VON but no VIN as yet. Yesterday I called the Dealer, the order guy won't be in til Wednesday. I called Chrysler Customer Service they have no VIN and they don't know why.
The Dealer said may be a backlog on Paint?? I Ordered Black with the Standard Roof (no paint) Cloth Interior, Base Radio, Auto etc all the other items are not anything that I have read as being problems.
I am going to call the Dealer again today.
Lew

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered my Sahara JKU on 8/25, I have the VON but no VIN as yet. Yesterday I called the Dealer, the order guy won't be in til Wednesday. I called Chrysler Customer Service they have no VIN and they don't know why.
The Dealer said may be a backlog on Paint?? I Ordered Black with the Standard Roof (no paint) Cloth Interior, Base Radio, Auto etc all the other items are not anything that I have read as being problems.
I am going to call the Dealer again today.
Lew
Were you able to get the VON immediately when the dealer placed the order?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just wondering, but unless you want a very very specific order, I'd try looking around dealer lots inventory online...

I didn't pre-order mine and found a Rubi with all I wanted and picked it up 3 days later...Beats the agonizing wait (see 2012 Wrangler & June 2nd)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wondering, but unless you want a very very specific order, I'd try looking around dealer lots inventory online...

I didn't pre-order mine and found a Rubi with all I wanted and picked it up 3 days later...Beats the agonizing wait (see 2012 Wrangler & June 2nd)
Believe me I tried. I did a 250 mile search and could not find exactly what I wanted. So I ordered...

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I ordered on 8/9 and it was delivered to the dealer yesterday. Looking at most of the other dates and reading all the posts, I seem to have been very lucky!!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered on 8/9 and it was delivered to the dealer yesterday. Looking at most of the other dates and reading all the posts, I seem to have been very lucky!!
Glad to hear of a good ordering experience. And that is a great dog!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, I received the VON a few days afterward. I first ordered on 8/25 Thursday at that time there was no VON. I Called back on Friday and added the Connectivity Group. I was told that it would be added and sent in Monday 8/29 when the order Guy was in .When I stopped back on Wednesday 8/31 I was given a printout POC with the Connectivity added the VON was now on this sheet.
That was 2 weeks ago. What concerned me was that the POC called this a "4-Dealer Order" with a Priority of "99"???
Does anyone know what the "24G Customer Prefered Package means " this is shaded on my POC
Lew

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, I received the VON a few days afterward. I first ordered on 8/25 Thursday at that time there was no VON. I Called back on Friday and added the Connectivity Group. I was told that it would be added and sent in Monday 8/29 when the order Guy was in .When I stopped back on Wednesday 8/31 I was given a printout POC with the Connectivity added the VON was now on this sheet.
That was 2 weeks ago. What concerned me was that the POC called this a "4-Dealer Order" with a Priority of "99"???
Does anyone know what the "24G Customer Prefered Package means " this is shaded on my POC
Lew
I think that is a problem. A dealer order comes from their allocation and is given a lower mfg priority than a "sold" order. Yours should have been a "sold" order if you signed a buyer's order and gave a deposit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My order was a SOLD Order and I did give a Deposit and my Bill was signed by me and the Manager.
Any suggestions? This really ticks me off.
Lew

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My order was a SOLD Order and I did give a Deposit and my Bill was signed by me and the Manager.
Any suggestions? This really ticks me off.
Lew
Go back to the dealer and ask them why the order shows as coming from their allocation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lew
Well I received no phone call on Wednesday when the Salesman said he would call. I called This morning and spoke with Customer Service and Customer Care. I explained again and The Customer Care person tried to reach the Dealership. No response back from anyone!
I called again just now. This time I think I got person that might have been on a recent trip from A place Far Far Away. After the whole explanation she said " we don't have a VIN yet"!
I get no call backs I am not sure what to do. I probably would be in the same place if I walked into another dealer Today and ordered another Jeep having wasted three weeks. I suppose my Jeep is destined to be Dealer Stock. I am concerned about my Loyalty/ Conquest bonus expiring.
Lew

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it were me I'd be at the dealership standing on someone's desk until I got an answer. It in no way should be a dealer stock order. That is the lowest mfg priority.

If you want to give them a point of reference I ordered 8/10, went to D status yesterday, and then to D1 today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts