Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is a quick back story, I want to install a security lock box in my jeep and really like the under seat one, bought one and found it failed to fit due to Jeep designing a cross bar in the seat frame that blocks install....well one option is to cut the bar (possibly risking the seat integrity?) or the next option is to investigate swapping in a set of 2010 seats, either way my question is if I take the seat(s) of a 2010 and swap them into my 2012 or am I looking at a full reengineering of the seats and the quantum flux generator Jeep has installed?

anyways any thoughts or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
118 Posts
This has been discussed a few times on the forum. I was curious of the same thing, looking for more storage options on my 2 door JKs.

While I don't know if anyone has confirmed - the concensus seems to be that 4 door seats/brackets (ones without the tip forward feature) are not a direct-swap solution. Mounting modifications would need to be made. It's beyond my skill-set so I didn't pursue it.

I would love to hear if you find a solution though!

2018 JK Freedom Edition

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Any one? Surly someone can help out or has an answer or knows of an answer
If the JKU front driver seat bolts into the JK with minimal mods then a Tuffy/Bestop secured box should fit. That would be my plan if I had some JKU seat(s) as all I need is the front passenger seat to flip+tilt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts