Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting new speakers in my dash and sound bar. I discovered that the previous owner had replaced the stock speakers. Unfortunately, he cut the factory speaker connectors out spliced in two terminals to plug in to his speakers. I bought the 6.5 plug and play kicker speakers that you just simply plug into the factory connectors. Again, they are gone so I am going to have to use terminals. The 2 wires coming into the speaker box are solid green and green with a red stripe. I am trying to find out which wire is the hot wire. Also, I am trying to find out which post on the speaker I need to plug the hot wire onto. Again, if the factory connector hadn't been cut off, it would have simply been a matter of plugging it into the speaker. Idiot proof. If you are familiar with these speakers, I am looking at the speaker from behind Kicker logo on the cone on top. I don't want to get these all installed and find out I have them wired wrong. The sound bar may have different colored wires. I haven't made it there yet. If those are wrong they are easy to take out. Thanks for any help. I'm obviously not an audiophile.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts