Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2012 JK Steering Stabilizer help

649 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gary2 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
What is a solid BETTER than OEM steering stabilizer I can put on my 2012 JK Rubicon. I've already replaced my shocks with Rancho 9000's. Looking for something in the $200 range if possible which will considerably tighten up my steering. Real world experience with the product is helpful...

#2 ·
The OME stabilizer is considerably less than the $200 range you mentioned, but it has been an excellent SS on my Jeep for the last 3 years. It's firmer than stock, has a very neutral steering feel (no pushing or pulling), and has lasted longer than 2 of the other brands I've tried. I haven't tried the Fox unit that receives such high praise on the forums, though.

Full disclosure: my Jeep (a JKUR) has 35s and a 3" lift including a Synergy flip kit, BJs, and tie rods which all affect the the steering feel (parts longevity?) as well. However, these parts were all installed when I changed to the OME SS. So my impressions should be valid more-or-less.

#3 ·
I have never found a need for any other than the OE stabilizer. I don't like anything that stiffens up the steering. I normally have none as many do . I have the OME sitting in the corner. I don't like anything that effects the steering were I can feel it just driving on the road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.