Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to get some new wheels mounted for my JK and they told me they couldn't reuse the TPMS sensor they would have to cut them off since they are the rubber style. Is this Correct????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that's what I thought. He insisted that this wasn't the case and that they only re-use the metal TPMS sensors. The thing that threw me off was that this was an authorized installer from discounttire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't believe that crap he's feeding u. Those sensors are about 75.00 a piece there trying to get more money out of u. The full metal ones are one piece u have to replace the hole thing if there broke. The rubber ones are two piece. They can replace the rubber part for about five a piece from the factory i changed my tires out on my 12 and haven't had any problems what so ever from them. Ur sensor will go off at first but once u get down the road the light will shut off. If the tire pressure is right

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just replaced my wheels/tires last week - they reused my TPMS sensors. No problems at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just replaced my wheels/tires last week - they reused my TPMS sensors. No problems at all.
Me too.. New tires and wheels this week, Reused my sensors...

Smitty

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am in the process of doing this and the dealer said he needs to reuse my TPMS.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They only need to replace the rubber stem, not the actual sensor. Some wheels are not TPMS friendly, the angle of the stem hole could be wrong. If the sensor is positioned incorrectly a low tire or deflated tire could contact it. It also makes mounting the tire more difficult, this is the #1 reason they wont do it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They only need to replace the rubber stem, not the actual sensor. Some wheels are not TPMS friendly, the angle of the stem hole could be wrong. If the sensor is positioned incorrectly a low tire or deflated tire could contact it. It also makes mounting the tire more difficult, this is the #1 reason they wont do it.
That makes sense. If they would have explained it to me like that, I wouldnt have second guessed them. Thanks:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts