Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just cut the engine off to move the sons car. wont start now.. some time the starter clicks. checked battey full charge.. my son said he got a electrical shock when getting out of the jeep with the key off... any help..

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Does it turn over? Any warning lights on the dash? Have you tried both keys?

If you turn the headlights 'on', do they go dark while attempting to start?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it turn over? Any warning lights on the dash? Have you tried both keys?

If you turn the headlights 'on', do they go dark while attempting to start?
no warning lights on dash the interior light gos off when trying to start. now it just clicks.. son said a lot of clicking under dash by glove box. i cant figure out why it shocked him, thanks for the help

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
The only way to test the battery, is to do a load test on it, (but it sounds like your battery has died)! The original factory batteries, are only 600 CAs, and at best, are just of a mediocre quality. First, make sure that your battery cables are tight. If yes, then I would pull the battery and take it down to your local parts house for a load test.

Your other option is, if you are still within the warranty time/mileage frame, then have it towed in to your dealer for warranty.

Once my battery goes, then Odyssey makes a 900 CA battery, that is going into mine....:thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only way to test the battery, is to do a load test on it, (but it sounds like your battery has died)! The original factory batteries, are only 600 CAs, and at best, are just of a mediocre quality. First, make sure that your battery cables are tight. If yes, then I would pull the battery and take it down to your local parts house for a load test.

Your other option is, if you are still within the warranty time/mileage frame, then have it towed in to your dealer for warranty.

Once my battery goes, then Odyssey makes a 900 CA battery, that is going into mine....:thumb:
ok thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I am away from the shop and suspect a bad battery I will put a volt meter on the battery posts and have someone crank the engine. If the battery voltage drops below 10 volts the battery is weak.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
^^This^^ If you do not have a load tester this is a good secondary option. An indicator of a bad cell in the battery is if it is at 12 volts and when you turn the headlights on or try and start it the voltage will drop under 10 volts rather quickly, indicating a bad cell in the battery.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sons coming over monday or tuesdsy to test it. right now its on a slow charge..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts