Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my 2012 Jeep about a month ago it didn't come with a engine block heater. I want to add this to my jeep before it turns super cold here. Has anyone put one on a 3.6? What model? Mopar? Is it easy to install? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, DB unfortunately that's not going to help. I have already seen this and the link they supply doesn't go to a engine block heater for a 12' JK and there is no information on the install. I emailed redrock the guy asking in the thread and he sold his jeep like a pansy and never installed the thing. So..Im right where I was before. thanks for trying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this fairly a bolt on install? I spoke to Chrysler Jeep here in my town they said it would void the warranty if the dealership didn't install. What are your thoughts, I tend to think the dealership will tell you anything to make a buck. I found the heater on the mopar website for like 85.00 total, is this where you got yours? Does the cable just hang through the grille? Or a bracket? Zip tie? Appreciate you seeing the thread and helping.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Moapr parts have a 12month/12k warranty. Installing the heater yourself won't void it or any other part of the warranty. Fairly simple install: release belt tension, unbolt AC compressor, put heater in the block and plug power cord into it, reinstall compressor, tension belt.

I can dig up a few photos after work if it will help.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Moapr parts have a 12month/12k warranty. Installing the heater yourself won't void it or any other part of the warranty. Fairly simple install: release belt tension, unbolt AC compressor, put heater in the block and plug power cord into it, reinstall compressor, tension belt.

I can dig up a few photos after work if it will help.

Old thread but can I get some pictures or more info ? I neglected to order this item on my JEEP

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts