Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I have a check engine light on currently, and the OBD2 code reads P306, what is the code referring to??

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
P0306 is a cylinder misfire.

Since you've got a '12, you might have a bad cylinder head....

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
You almost certainly need a new cylinder head. There was a design flaw in the left cylinder head (2,4,6 bank), which leads to misfires. Only option is a full replacement head. The warranty was extended to 10y/150k. Bring it in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The light came on last night while i was on the surface streets in my town. When I checked the code with the OBD2 this morning, it came up at the p0306. After the engine was started up again, the engine light went away, and after a quick test drive around the block, and after a few times restarting the engine, no engine light has come on again.

the only recent engine work that has been done, if you can even call it that, was new coils that were put in Friday last week. Other than that, all parts of the engine haven't been messed with.

As stated it is a 2012 Wrangler Sport with about 19500 miles.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The light came on last night while i was on the surface streets in my town. When I checked the code with the OBD2 this morning, it came up at the p0306. After the engine was started up again, the engine light went away, and after a quick test drive around the block, and after a few times restarting the engine, no engine light has come on again.

the only recent engine work that has been done, if you can even call it that, was new coils that were put in Friday last week. Other than that, all parts of the engine haven't been messed with.

As stated it is a 2012 Wrangler Sport with about 19500 miles.
Why did they put new coils on it? Ticking noise? Running rough? Low MPG? Those are all symptoms of the bad head.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im the test vehicle for this performance shop i used to work at. The coils are supposed to increase the mileage, and maybe a little HP. I had been using a single coil of the testers for about 2 months, with an increase in 2 MPG.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Im the test vehicle for this performance shop i used to work at. The coils are supposed to increase the mileage, and maybe a little HP. I had been using a single coil of the testers for about 2 months, with an increase in 2 MPG.
Honestly, I would remove those coils and put the stock ones back on. You don't want to be a test mule when your warranty is at stake. I doubt they would cover the head if they found those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's very true. I will do that. Thank you for all the info and advice, it's very much appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts