Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I believe it's something added on at the factory.. When you order the JK im guessing if you know about the JK8 option ahead of time you can ask for it.. I think it's between 5500-6000 for it. it's not a widely promoted deal.. I've seen some stuff on it in the past in a quadratec mag and also in a 4whlr mag.

Or

I could be totally wrong and you just get your JK.. Order the JK8 kit.. then have the dealer put it on.. but im sticking with my first thought

·
Registered
738 Posts
Its an aftermarket kit. They don't come factory optioned this way.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
^ this.

I came real close to trading in my F150 on a JKUR with that kit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i believe the selling price was 50k plus......

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I would much, much rather have a J8 (this). Diesel, D44 front, D60 rear, body reinforcement throughout. Drool.

As a result, everytime I see "JK-8" I get a little disappointed. :D Plus I think JK-8s are hideously ugly . . . but that's just me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would much, much rather have a J8 (this). Diesel, D44 front, D60 rear, body reinforcement throughout. Drool.

As a result, everytime I see "JK-8" I get a little disappointed. :D Plus I think JK-8s are hideously ugly . . . but that's just me.
o man i want one! those j8's are awesome! :nonono: its a shame we cant buy them

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Local dealers got one on the lot listed for $47 looks cool but the fit and finish could be better .BAKERCHRYSLER JEEP in princeton nj

·
Registered
112 Posts
My local dealer has a silver one sitting prominently on the front of their lot, it made my head turn when I saw it and wonder what it was. I thought maybe it was a factory option, but saw nothing about it on Jeep's website. I figured it was aftermarket, but didn't realize it was a Mopar kit. It was bothering me so much that I actually went in to ask the salesmen just what the hell it was. He told me it was the Mopar kit and they had it installed by one of the shops on the island (wouldn't say which one). They are asking $58,000 for it and it isn't even a Rubicon! It would probably look good lifted with larger tires and different bumpers, but as is it just looks like a kind of retarded truck. It did it's job though, it pulled me into the dealership and got me thinking about new Jeeps; I wound up going back and buying a new JKUR.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
$58K????? For that I'll get a one ton Ram Quad Long Horn Addition

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I like it, but why put a small pickup style bed and the not put a fold down tail gate?? the traditional swing gate is useless in that configuration imo.
58k seems like alot of money. but what do I know

·
Registered
112 Posts
58k seems like alot of money. but what do I know
I would say you know a lot more than whatever poor schmuck buys the thing at that price. I have a hunch that it is going to sit on the lot for a long time, but if it continues to draw in "lookers" like me who wind up buying something else then I would say it was money well spent by the dealership.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts