Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Let me start by saying that I love(d) my Jeep. I've had a lot of fun, off and on the road in it. Unfortunately, recent events have had me looking on other car manufactures websites for alternatives. This is regarding an automatic transmission problem on my 2012 JKU (Pentastar v6) that I purchased new.

A couple months ago, I noticed a strange whining or buzzing sound when I was accelerating at higher RPMs. I also noticed that at when I was doing something like getting on a freeway and was pushing it a bit, it would get to a point where it felt like it wanted to shift, but would make an odd light clunking noise and not shift. It would then sort of lose power until it finally shifted, but still never felt like it had the right amount of power.

I took it to a local dealership as it's still covered by the power train warranty. They took the transmission apart and said they replaced two parts in it. After 7 days in the shop, they told me it was finished and I picked it up.

I noticed that the shifting problem was still happening after about a week of driving it. I called the dealership and took it back. That was two weeks ago tomorrow. The dealer refused to give me a rental and made me call Chrysler to get one. I have escalated this to a “case manager” at Chrysler who seems to be absolutely useless. All she seems to do is call the dealership to find out what’s going on and then call me and tell me it’s not fixed yet.

The service advisor has kept telling that they are talking to some tech support people (Star?) and they send them emails telling them what to try next. At this point, they’ve taken apart and put back together the transmission two or three times and they’re still having problems. I’ve suggested just replacing the transmission several times and they told me that Chrysler doesn’t usually do that. After yet another attempted fix a couple days ago, the guy told me this is a very unusual problem and they’re still working with tech support on it.

I’m wondering if anyone else has ever been in such a situation or if anyone has any suggestions for how to deal with this. The situation has me really down on Jeep and Chrysler. I was skeptical about buying a Chrysler product, but there’s nothing quite like a Jeep. It’s one thing for a car to have minor issues, but a major transmission problem like this when it only has 30k miles on it seems crazy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Let me start by saying that I love(d) my Jeep. I've had a lot of fun, off and on the road in it. Unfortunately, recent events have had me looking on other car manufactures websites for alternatives. This is regarding an automatic transmission problem on my 2012 JKU (Pentastar v6) that I purchased new.

A couple months ago, I noticed a strange whining or buzzing sound when I was accelerating at higher RPMs. I also noticed that at when I was doing something like getting on a freeway and was pushing it a bit, it would get to a point where it felt like it wanted to shift, but would make an odd light clunking noise and not shift. It would then sort of lose power until it finally shifted, but still never felt like it had the right amount of power.

I took it to a local dealership as it's still covered by the power train warranty. They took the transmission apart and said they replaced two parts in it. After 7 days in the shop, they told me it was finished and I picked it up.

I noticed that the shifting problem was still happening after about a week of driving it. I called the dealership and took it back. That was two weeks ago tomorrow. The dealer refused to give me a rental and made me call Chrysler to get one. I have escalated this to a “case manager” at Chrysler who seems to be absolutely useless. All she seems to do is call the dealership to find out what’s going on and then call me and tell me it’s not fixed yet.

The service advisor has kept telling that they are talking to some tech support people (Star?) and they send them emails telling them what to try next. At this point, they’ve taken apart and put back together the transmission two or three times and they’re still having problems. I’ve suggested just replacing the transmission several times and they told me that Chrysler doesn’t usually do that. After yet another attempted fix a couple days ago, the guy told me this is a very unusual problem and they’re still working with tech support on it.

I’m wondering if anyone else has ever been in such a situation or if anyone has any suggestions for how to deal with this. The situation has me really down on Jeep and Chrysler. I was skeptical about buying a Chrysler product, but there’s nothing quite like a Jeep. It’s one thing for a car to have minor issues, but a major transmission problem like this when it only has 30k miles on it seems crazy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I totally agree. I have a 2012 jk . I bought it used very good shape with 34,000 miles on it. I have had if for 5 years and it has only 78,000 miles on it which it is low miles. I was driving my jeep and all of a sudden my check engine light came on and my traction control came on and my low tire light came on. Took it to the jeep dealership and they said it sounds like your transmission . Well Chrysler said try this first defore you change the transmission and have her drive for 500 miles and have her call to see if it does the same thing if the car check engine comes on then we have to replace it. Also my O2 sensor came on. Well come to find out they erased the codes. Come to find out they had to replace the adapter housing because it was leaking oil. Also had to replace the oil filter adaptor oil filter adaptor. So I understand what you are saying I love my Jeep also it had a problem shifting to third gear on the highway it would go up to 5 rpm and then it would shift . I am afraid to drive my Jerp fearing Jeep would just stop. I have a extended warranty and it covers my to 100,000 miles or 6 years. It does covers the drive train too. Well I guess I have to drive it 500 miles and I see what happens good luck.

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

You opened a old Thread, that is almost 6 years old. You would be better off, to start your own new Thread..IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts