Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the first problem fixed. $169.00 instead of the $227.00. The VA dealership here was going to order the wrong part also. So once I made it home to TN they ordered the correct part put it on. $169.00 then Chrysler is going to reimburse me $66.00 for the part broken. Thank you Chrysler.
Here is the new problem.
Ok so I made it to TN. Got my Jeep fixed. Cost was 169.00 installed at the local Jeep dealership. Also the part the dealership here in VA was going to order was wrong. 227.00 wrong one. Amazing how they work here. LOL. Anyways so that is fixed. So we hook up to the trailer and take off. We are about 3 hours from my home here in VA. My Jeep starts shaking like nothing I have ever expierienced. My uncle says something isn't right and to pull over. Obviously something isn't right but he likes to make those kind of points.LOL anyways we stop at a exxon gas station. Get out walk to the right rear wheel>
There were only two studs left. They were side by side and no way of making it anywhere. So I get the jack out and the lug wrench. Lift it up and see whats up. One of the two was only hand tight. The other lug was just fine. Checked all the others. Nothing. So I double checked with the wrench all the others they were good and tightened the two left on the right rear wheel. Called Chrysler roadside assistance got a tow and charged $50 to bring my trailer along. So now I am told by my dealership here close to home we cant help see ya monday. The dealership there was going to let me walk to the local airport. 7 miles away. This was in Roanoke. So I call a cab, go to the airport and rent a car to get me home. Nothing I can do until monday anyways. So tomorrow I have to go to this dealership and find out what is going to happen. How I will get down to my Jeep and how long it is going to take. Oh and the movers will be here tuesday to pack my house. Have to be out on the 13th...... So then I have no idea where to put all my clothes and few items we had planned on putting in the Jeep. Hopefully its done by then. We shall see. Lets just say my blood pressure may break a machine right now.:banghead::firedevil::firedevil::firedevil:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Most any auto parts store sells replacement lug nuts. Nothing to stop you from fixing it yourself and continue the journey.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good luck man, keep us updated on what happens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeaaaa.

Most any auto parts store sells replacement lug nuts. Nothing to stop you from fixing it yourself and continue the journey.
Thats the thing. The two left were side by side. I had a 1k pound trailer with me. So there was no way to get anywhere. With three yea i would have found a store. So tomorrow morn we shall see what happens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and quick question. When dealerships make repairs they do inspections right? The 27 point inspection I think they call it. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow i tell ya - these dealer service shops are unbelievable, quality control is attrocious - not only jeep had the same with my toyota, u have to ck everything they do, they are incompetent, they lie and they always act like they did the right thing - so far i've been lucky but i'm a real asshole - generally i make the tech walk around the jeep with me before and after everytime they get their hands on the vehicle for any reason. i guess i'm also checking the lugs from now on as well - good luck man, hang in there...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Studs

Silver Sport. There were three studs broken off. Yes the lugs were also missing but so was the studs they tighten to. There were only two studs and two lugs left. Thankfully. That at least saved my tire from falling off and doing a whole lot more damage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
dbowmaneod said:
Well 199.00 later it's at home, until the next part breaks lol
Why were you charged?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Silver Sport. There were three studs broken off. Yes the lugs were also missing but so was the studs they tighten to. There were only two studs and two lugs left. Thankfully. That at least saved my tire from falling off and doing a whole lot more damage.
Wow! I thought you meant lug nuts when you said studs. Glad it didn't cause you to get in a crash. Possible scenario: enough nuts worked loose so the rim was loose enough on the hub to start having a shock effect on the studs and they broke off.

Who replaced the studs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The local Chrysler dealership where it was towed to in Roanoke in VA. Three hours from home. But three wheel studs broke off and that was all thankfully. That was 199 with parts/labor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts