Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Ozarks! I love the outdoors and the river in the summertime. My first Jeep is my 2000 TJ that I sometimes take offroad, not nearly enough admittedly. It's more of a toy or weekend vehicle now and my daily is a 2012 JKU that I got earlier this year.

I joined to network and meet people to go offroading/events in my area and nationwide as well as get guidance about both of my Jeeps but importantly my 2012 Wrangler that developed a tick about 2 months ago.

I was informed yesterday by the dealership that the motor in my JKU needs 2 new cam shafts, rocker arms and lifters and it is not under warranty/has nothing to do with the 'infamous' head tick that the 3.6 is known to have. The service manager at the dealership has advised that the JKU has a warranty by Chrysler to 130k miles for the left cylinder head. I do not have any sort of warranty or extended warranty on it.

I am trying to get some information on how to handle this issue with my JKU since it's the first car I've ever had a payment on and I do not have any type of warranty on it. The quote provided for the repairs from the dealership is $2,800, including taxes. I purchased it earlier this year. It's got 122k miles on it. I have no problem getting it repaired but I am worried that the dealership is asking too much as well as I am new to Fayetteville, AR, so I do not have a mechanic here to do engine work or know anyone that would be able to help me with this. Any and all advice is welcome.

Katie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts