Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having this problem mine has been at the dealer for 3 weeks and the new cluster still is not there? I had no headlights or running lights.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
rang519 said:
Anyone having this problem mine has been at the dealer for 3 weeks and the new cluster still is not there? I had no headlights or running lights.
Oh my goodness. Three weeks? So sorry to hear that!

My has been to the dealer 6/7 times I lost count:
-Shiter console replaced due to damage (before purchased new)

-belt/bearing squeak noise (unable to repair and diagnose)

- navigation radio kept forgetting where I lived (so I had to keep remembering myself ha)

-brought it back k for squawking squawking noises again, try threw an idler pulley on it (nothing fixed)

-They replaced the dash radio panel/cover/surround because it was warped (they said its still warped because I wheel it and it flexed the mounts so won't ever be flush again?!)

-dealer then ordered a water pump and throw out bearing to fix the squawks up front on the engine and the high pitched squeak from the clutch

- water pump and throw out bearing replaced while I was on a trip most noises gone BUT a new rattle (exhaust shield?) and a thumping noise in the clutch is still there!

So I'll be going back tomorrow to have them diagnose the thumping in the clutch and fix the exhaust shield (oh that's 8 times to the dealer in 20,000 miles)!

Will be looking at a new dealer but I try to be loyal to who I buy a vehicle from.

You might want to look into lemon laws where you are from and/or request a Chrysler master technician to be flow out to help out the dealer (I've heard you can request that if you call Chrysler and get to the right supervisor)

Good luck, you shouldn't be having these issues, especially for so long

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
NY lemon law is if the car is in service for more than a month and is undriveable before 12000 miles or 2 years the have to replace the vehicle for one of similar specifications

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For my first oil change they put the mileage in wrong and blame the time on that. but still there is no excuse for the time when there is only 5800 miles on my jeep. I had a 07 and no trouble what so ever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the parts were suppose to be in today now there saying Wednesday. I talked to Chrysler today and there looking into it I'm tired of filling my diesel truck up at $4.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the fourth week still no jeep or cluster. Ottermobear I think the dealer messed it up with while putting the mileage in wrong but I took the jeeo in for no head lights or running lights. I talked last week to the dealer I bought it from and they said there is a switch in the column going bad on the 2012 and you loose lights. If still there monday thats 30 days.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
This is the fourth week still no jeep or cluster. Ottermobear I think the dealer messed it up with while putting the mileage in wrong but I took the jeeo in for no head lights or running lights. I talked last week to the dealer I bought it from and they said there is a switch in the column going bad on the 2012 and you loose lights. If still there monday thats 30 days.
Any longer than a week is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. 30days?:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: Time to raise some holy hell. If they know it's a switch it should not take a month to fix. They're changing cylinder heads in less than a day. Feel sorry for you. Keep us updated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts