Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Sahara Unlimited I'm a newbie and I love my new Jeep! So I need some help!!!! i just ordered Duratrac 285/70-17s on 17" XD Addicts, I was wondering what size leveling kit i would need for the front? I have no winch, heavy bumper, etc... I was also wondering if it is possible that they make spacers for the rear as well. If possible ,I was thinking of doing 2.5" spacer in front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear end to level it out and give me a bit of a lift. Is something like that possible? If it is possible can i do it with out modifying/changing anything like my shocks, brake lines ect...? Will it change the ride, gas mileage or speedometer? Thank you, thank you, thank you guys so much in advance!!!!!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I have a 2012 Sahara Unlimited I'm a newbie and I love my new Jeep! So I need some help!!!! i just ordered Duratrac 285/70-17s on 17" XD Addicts, I was wondering what size leveling kit i would need for the front? I have no winch, heavy bumper, etc... I was also wondering if it is possible that they make spacers for the rear as well. If possible ,I was thinking of doing 2.5" spacer in front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear end to level it out and give me a bit of a lift. Is something like that possible? If it is possible can i do it with out modifying/changing anything like my shocks, brake lines ect...? Will it change the ride, gas mileage or speedometer? Thank you, thank you, thank you guys so much in advance!!!!!
I would recommend just going with the Teraflex spacer leveling kit. It raises the front 2" and the rear 1" and comes with 4 1" spacers for the front (2 on each side), 2 1" spacers for the rear (1 on each side), and new front sway bar end links. The install is simple and can be done in your driveway in a couple hours tops. Took me 1.5 hours taking my time. Picked mine up for $115 shipped from ORW, but not sure if they are running that special anymore. You can get it from Northridge for $128 shipped tho.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would recommend just going with the Teraflex spacer leveling kit. It raises the front 2" and the rear 1" and comes with 4 1" spacers for the front (2 on each side), 2 1" spacers for the rear (1 on each side), and new front sway bar end links. The install is simple and can be done in your driveway in a couple hours tops. Took me 1.5 hours taking my time. Picked mine up for $115 shipped from ORW, but not sure if they are running that special anymore. You can get it from Northridge for $128 shipped tho.
That's a nice kit and I too use it but added the shock extensions. I have wheeled my 2012 JKUR in Moab and Ouray without difficulty of any kind. I run 35" KM2s on AEV Pintlars.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
^^^ This. It's cheap, simple and will save you a ton of hassle as compared to most other types of lift.

The new tires WILL affect your gas mileage but, let's face it, you're not driving a Prius. You'll have to account for your new tire size, which will be close to 33", by recalibrating your speedometer. Some tire shops or dealers will flash your Jeep to fix this, or you can buy an AEV Procal for $150, plug it into your OBDII port, and do it yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So with my setup you think a 2" spacers in the front and a 1" in the rear will bring it level? Thanks, you guys have been a great help!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
So with my setup you think a 2" spacers in the front and a 1" in the rear will bring it level? Thanks, you guys have been a great help!
Yup. That's what the TeraFlex leveling kit 4fit mentioned was made to do. Have fun with it...:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts