Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering how to disconnect my swaybar manually. I do NOT have the rubicon so theres no button to disconnect it. I see the sway bar is it as easy as undoing the 2 bolts... Answers would be appreciated... Thnks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Im wondering how to disconnect my swaybar manually. I do NOT have the rubicon so theres no button to disconnect it. I see the sway bar is it as easy as undoing the 2 bolts... Answers would be appreciated... Thnks in advance
You can do that, or take off the bottom bolt, swing it up toward the front of the Jeep and zip tie it to the swaybar itself.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank u guys one more question... I hav heard tat people disconnect their sway bar and never reconnect it, and some say it drives the same either way? Ur opinions on this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thank u guys one more question... I hav heard tat people disconnect their sway bar and never reconnect it, and some say it drives the same either way? Ur opinions on this?
If definitely does not drive the same way! It is a constant feeling of dread that the vehicle may roll on its side in every turn.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Don't do it, it is a real safety hazard to run with them disconnect on the road. It is there for a reason. Most that leave it off use their Jeep for offroading only and the others that drive on the road with it off are just stupid, risking their on life and others when they roll it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts