Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, picture this....

Just noticed this in the last month or so. Driving down the road during dark (AM) and it starts to get daylight out. Lights are set to auto! When dawn arrives my garmin GPS I have mounted on the windshield ( have topo maps on it) swithes to daytime mode while my Jeep GPS stays in nighttime mode even though I have it set for auto. Here's the clincher! It's drizzling off and on so the wipers are set to max delay. When I turn off the wipers BAM the display on the gps changes to daytime mode and the interior lighting brightens. Then if I turn the wipers on again it goes to nighttime mode and the lights dim inside. WTF? Even when it's sunny out and if we get a shower I turn on the wipers the lights dim inside. Is this normal for anyone else or just my own gremlin?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the menu system where your MPG, compass, etc is displayed you can select some user preferences that include the lights coming on when the wipers are on...I had the same exact thoughts when driving my new ride home!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Better check your states laws before you disable this, some states require that when your wipers are on, your headlights have to be. In Ohio its a secondary offense, but if they get you it is an extra $100.

It is also required in Tennessee.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the menu system where your MPG, compass, etc is displayed you can select some user preferences that include the lights coming on when the wipers are on...I had the same exact thoughts when driving my new ride home!
Better check your states laws before you disable this, some states require that when your wipers are on, your headlights have to be. In Ohio its a secondary offense, but if they get you it is an extra $100.

It is also required in Tennessee.
Also in Missouri and Florida.
Wow, never knew that! Thanks guys....:thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You were correct, Sir!

All is good and changed...

:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts