Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Looking to swap out my Front Driveshaft ever since I got lifted. I need to get the front, but was thinking about changing the rear while I'm at it.

Any suggestions for on the brand:
- Pro Comp, Tera, Tom Woods, Rugged Ridge.
I'm thinking ProComp...

Also, once I get the DS replaced I was thinking of ditching the exhaust spacers. It was meant to be a temporary fix until I got some cash.

Let me know what you guys are running, and if you have a good recco.

Cheers,

P.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Tom Woods, JE Reel, Coast Driveshafts. Probably the 3 biggest and most used.
^^ This.

Looking to swap out my Front Driveshaft ever since I got lifted. I need to get the front, but was thinking about changing the rear while I'm at it.

Any suggestions for on the brand:
- Pro Comp, Tera, Tom Woods, Rugged Ridge.
I'm thinking ProComp...
Never heard of Pro Comp, Tera, RR driveshafts. Therefore, wouldn't trust em.

You can trash the spacer after ds install if your exhaust/ds clears at full droop. Don't just look under the Jeep and say, "Ah, look at all that real estate, I'm good."

Full droop.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why get rid of the spacers? There is no downside to keeping them. They don't hurt anything and you've already paid and installed them. I switched out my DS but didn't mess with the spacers.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
You can trash the spacer after ds install if your exhaust/ds clears at full droop. Don't just look under the Jeep and say, "Ah, look at all that real estate, I'm good."

Full droop.
Can. Operative word. Doesn't mean you have to. But why keep an extra part, when so many others can go bad? You wanna keep it, keep it...

Why get rid of the spacers? There is no downside to keeping them. They don't hurt anything and you've already paid and installed them. I switched out my DS but didn't mess with the spacers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any good places to buy COAST around toronto?

I would remove the spacers myself. I'm on the same page as kbwwolf, why keep the extra part. I'll eventually upgrade the exhaust, so I could wait until I do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts