Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im thinking to get a manual transmission 2012 Rubicon and i was wondering from current owners that already got their jeeps if they see any issues that supposedly existed in 2011 where the stick would pop out of certain gears like 2, and 4th, specially true in cold weather. I know its kind of hard to tell now considering that winter is still a few months ahead, but i was wondering if the stick feels a bit weak in 2nd and 4th gear? A good example from a 2011 model is in this link... Defective 2011 Jeep Wrangler 6 speed manual transmission - YouTube
I searched a lot in the forums and in google about this issue and i know it exists in 2011 but no true resolutions i think was ever in place.
Can any 2012 owner comment on the feel of the stick in their manual jeeps?
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only had mine a few days but am driving the piss out of it and the only problem I have is that there is too many gears...6 speed, really? This ain`t NASCAR, it`s a freakin Jeep. So far it feels really tight and my only problem is I keep stalling it, I believe it has to do with being new, having the ac on, and maybe the "hill assist" dealibob. In my Mustang I start with little to no throttle and NEVER stall. Just a learning curve (you can teach an old dog new tricks but it sometimes takes a while). So far I love it and for me just more fun to drive with a clutch. Last Jeep was an 07 Rubicon with an auto trans and it just felt kinda numb.

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
hm, you have hill assist on manual? i thought it was only a automatic option.
Both manual and auto's are equipped with hill start assist. I disabled it on my Jeep because I didn't like it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Only had mine a few days but am driving the piss out of it and the only problem I have is that there is too many gears...6 speed, really? This ain`t NASCAR, it`s a freakin Jeep. So far it feels really tight and my only problem is I keep stalling it, I believe it has to do with being new, having the ac on, and maybe the "hill assist" dealibob. In my Mustang I start with little to no throttle and NEVER stall. Just a learning curve (you can teach an old dog new tricks but it sometimes takes a while). So far I love it and for me just more fun to drive with a clutch. Last Jeep was an 07 Rubicon with an auto trans and it just felt kinda numb.
doesn't happen to be a 3:21 rear end is it? Ran my 2007 Sahara and had no bottom end in 1st, no torque. This one has a bunch. Don't think as much as the 4.0 straight six with 5 speed and 4:10s but more than the others.

jmho

cass

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I've had my 2012 unlimited rubicon manual for a little under 500 miles now and my 2nd and 4th gear do not pop out easily like this. They act more like the 1st, 3rd and 5th gears in this video. Requires pushing to get it into neutral.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Manual has hill assist as well. I don't really notice it working though:confused:

Manual needs a 3% degree to have it work & auto needs to be 8% degree for it to work. I'm sure I was above 3%. Maybe that momentarily holdings is so fast it's like ninja!:hide:

But I haven't notice easy slip clutch yet. Granted, it is cold here. Just bloody engulfing flames of death. But ether, I think now I will see if mine does that.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Its more than momentary, holds for about 2 seconds then fades away. Seemed forever on mine so it was one of the first things I disabled.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Manual has hill assist as well. I don't really notice it working though:confused:

Manual needs a 3% degree to have it work & auto needs to be 8% degree for it to work. I'm sure I was above 3%. Maybe that momentarily holdings is so fast it's like ninja!:hide:

But I haven't notice easy slip clutch yet. Granted, it is cold here. Just bloody engulfing flames of death. But ether, I think now I will see if mine does that.
I have a 2012 manual, and it is certainly not 3 degrees for my particular car. I need to be on a pretty significant up or downslope for it to kick in - probably at least 8 degrees.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Maybe it was 3% angle... Don't remember. It does say in that awesome & so very hand dvd manual. That is the best idea ever. Cause if something happen to the vehicle while I'm out & about. All I gotta do it break out my dvd & put it in my dvd player & find it. But first I would need to find a tv or a computer to boot.

I know! I could just roll down my window & ask the person beside me if they happen to have any of that for me to use

·
Registered
552 Posts
Maybe it was 3% angle... Don't remember. It does say in that awesome & so very hand dvd manual. That is the best idea ever. Cause if something happen to the vehicle while I'm out & about. All I gotta do it break out my dvd & put it in my dvd player & find it. But first I would need to find a tv or a computer to boot.

I know! I could just roll down my window & ask the person beside me if they happen to have any of that for me to use
the 600 page 2012 paper manual states:

"If the clutch pedal remains pressed during application of the throttle, the HSA will disengage allowing the vehicle to roll down the incline....To avoid this, do not apply throttle while pressing the clutch pedal until you are ready to release the clutch."

HSA Activation criteria (for manuals)

* Vehicle must be stopped
* Vehicle must be on or greater than 3% incline

"...the system will work in Reverse, forward gears and neutral (HSA will hold the vehicle for a short period of time while in Neutral regardless of clutch position..."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts