Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari is 88 days away!:dance::dance:

I know we will be down there for some of it.

Who else is planning on making the trip?? :whistling:

How far will you have to travel??:confused:

What kind of trails do you want to do??:punk:

We want to do Hell's Revenge for sure. We'll be driving a whopping 100 miles to get there. :hide:

See you there!!

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Wish I could! I'm coming back out end of may! Oh and 1500 miles,

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
07XMan2Door said:
You'll be missed for sure. 1500 is a pretty good poke.
Last year I drove it, this year I'm trailering it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my first jeep 2 weeks ago, 2012 Rubicon. I have reservations at the Moba Valley RV resort for 4 nights the first weekend. I have to be back to AZ on Wednesday the 4th. I'm planing to do trail rides on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I will have a 3" lift on my jeep very soon, but I will still be running the stock tires. Yet I'm very much a newbe so I'm looking at rides rated a 3 and 4. Any advice or trail suggestion are welcome.
Thanks, David

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year I drove it, this year I'm trailering it.
:thumb::thumb:

ill be there with jack at the end of may. i only have like 600 miles i think
Nice.

I just got my first jeep 2 weeks ago, 2012 Rubicon. I have reservations at the Moba Valley RV resort for 4 nights the first weekend. I have to be back to AZ on Wednesday the 4th. I'm planing to do trail rides on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I will have a 3" lift on my jeep very soon, but I will still be running the stock tires. Yet I'm very much a newbe so I'm looking at rides rated a 3 and 4. Any advice or trail suggestion are welcome.
Thanks, David
Congrats on the new purchase! A stock Rubi with a lift will do the majority of the trails with ease. I'd reccomend getting the book by Charel A Wells, The title, "Guide to Moab, Ut Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". (Spiral bound version) He gives easy to follow instruction, directions, gps waypoints & rates the difficulty of each trail. There will be many neat, friendly folks there with whom you can hook up with for a safe, enjoyable outing in your new Jeep.
Cool!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
This guy. 120 miles. Im thinking of doing fins and things the first day (just like that trail for some reason), poison spider or hells revenge one day, steel bender or golden spike the next day. I.ll be out in the desert near the entrance to BFE. Not sure what days yet though. As long as I stay out of Billings till then my rig should hold up so I can go. What day were u thinking of doing hells?

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Ageless Stranger said:
I'll be out to Moab this fall, Bruce. You better make it over to meet me this time!
You should go in may when chris and I do :punk:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Ageless Stranger said:
Chris? And no, too much snow in Colorado in May.
I'm Chris... Nice to meet you....
And snow in Colorado during may. At the end near june it will just be on the ground at the end of may its about 65 to 70.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Ageless Stranger said:
Chris? And no, too much snow in Colorado in May.
^ that's chris:) I'm leaving illinois the 24th

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This guy. 120 miles. Im thinking of doing fins and things the first day (just like that trail for some reason), poison spider or hells revenge one day, steel bender or golden spike the next day. I.ll be out in the desert near the entrance to BFE. Not sure what days yet though. As long as I stay out of Billings till then my rig should hold up so I can go. What day were u thinking of doing hells?
Not sure. Kinda like to see what guys are interested in& plan accordingly. I'll do Fins with you for sure. BTW, nice snow wheeling you did in Billings last week. Pretty amazing.

I'll be out to Moab this fall, Bruce. You better make it over to meet me this time!
All depends on the work schedule. Deffinately want to meet you.

Gaaa!!! I fly home from Afghanistan on the 24th... Sad Face.
At least you're coming home!! Thanks so much for your sacrifices & service.:punk:

·
Registered
23 Posts
This will be my first trip so I have a couple of questions. I have an RV space reserved at Moab Valley RV Resort, I understand it's a mile or two from the center of town. I will only be able to be there for the first 4 days of the event, I have to leave Wednesday, wish I could stay longer but work and all ya know.

I have sent in my request for the Safari Paper, faxed. I understand that once it is sent out you can sign up for the trails you want. After it's sent do they put the information on line? If so can you sign up on line?

I'm hopeful that since I'm going to be there on the first weekend that it will be easier to get the runs I want, is the first weekend less busy than the end of the week?

I guess I'm asking general questions about the process of the event. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Thanks, David

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
If that's the park I'm thinking of, it's not That far out of town

1 - 20 of 199 Posts