Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the rear seat head rests? they sure block off a good part of the rear vision especially in the blind spots......:censored:

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can't remove them (at least not on a 4 door). Some people use bungee cords to hold them down. Just search "2012 headrests".

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I would think that removing the headrests would only give you a better view of the back of the spare tire. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I either drive with them removed or with the seat folded unless someone is actually sitting there. Particularly on the drivers side, you get a better view and less of a blind spot.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You didn't mention if you have a 2 door or 4. I have a '12 2 door. If you look around the plastic "collar" where the headrest shafts go through you will see that there is a small tab you can depress which will allow you to pull the headrest out.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Visibility is definitely better with the headrests out of the way. Especially the one on the passenger side. I'm thinking of picking up a couple of bungee cords for just this reason. I drove a few days with the seats folded down but decided that the seat belt buckles pressing into the leather probably wasn't going to do it any favours in the long run.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone I currently have a hand injury but once its healed I will be busy.....tnx again..bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts