Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I'm new to the Jeep scene and just bought a 2012 wrangler. Is there any alternatives to the factory remote start? I read in an older post about Directed Electronics DBALL and am a little confused. Do I just need the DBALL module, Chthd2 T-harness, and XKLOADER2? What else is required? Thank's in advance for all your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Assuming you have an automatic transmission (not sure about manual), those 3 things would allow you to start the vehicle with the factory remote. I didn't use the T harness because I thought it was a bit pricey (8 months ago or so), but the DBALL flashed with the XKLOADER2 worked fine to start with the factory remotes when I spliced it directly into the wiring. The T harness would be worth $20 or $30 personally, just for time and neatness, but at the time I think I could only find it for like $60.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your help. It just seemed too easy and inexpensive, considering my Jeep dealer wanted $500 for the remote start

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree. Down the road you could also plug a nice long-range 2-way remote start unit into the DBALL, too. If I remember correctly, I only had to hook up a couple of wires on the remote start unit, as opposed to previous vehicles where I had to splice into a ton of ignition, brake, lock, etc. wires, even while using the DBALL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts