Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a small clunking sound, which appears to be coming from the pillar area near where the upper seat belt loop is, on the driver's side. It only happens when I go over a medium or larger bump or pothole. It has a hardtop. The dealer drove it, heard it, took apart the plastic covering the pillar, and couldn't find anything wrong. Score: Noise 1, me 0. :banghead:

The dealer hasn't had anyone else complain about it, but is looking for feedback on others. Anybody have this problem and has solved it? The noise doesn't change when the window is up or down, and it's not related to the seat belt assembly. thanks!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It's a small clunking sound, which appears to be coming from the pillar area near where the upper seat belt loop is, on the driver's side. It only happens when I go over a medium or larger bump or pothole. It has a hardtop. The dealer drove it, heard it, took apart the plastic covering the pillar, and couldn't find anything wrong. Score: Noise 1, me 0. :banghead:

The dealer hasn't had anyone else complain about it, but is looking for feedback on others. Anybody have this problem and has solved it? The noise doesn't change when the window is up or down, and it's not related to the seat belt assembly. thanks!
Mine "pops" in this area also. I took it apart, and couldn't seem to find it. It comes and goes with the cold.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2009 JK 4 door hard top, I experience the same clunk sound right in the same area. I have found that adding foam weather stripping around the read door black rubber gasket helps but does not eliminate it all together. Forget about the dealer ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts