Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i am a new member and have never been a member of any forum but this community was very helpful in my decision making in terms of my recent purchase of a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited. So Thanks!

I have 4 kiddos, three boys and the youngest is a girl ages Kindergarten thru the fifth grade...we make many trips thru the year from East TN to a family cabin in WV and that is what is driving my question: Any solutions on recline for rear seat in an Unlimited? Even a couple of inches back would help on a long trek with my wild ones in the back (you guessed it my wife takes my daughter and i take the fellows)!

Also, when no one is in the back seat there is a metal on metal "Chirping" coming from the back seat...i have looked the mechanism on the seat over thoroughly and can't find it...seems most prevalent around 40-50 mph over secondary roads...anyone run into this or found the little devil causing the noise?

Otherwise absolutely loving my jeep had to get rid of my old jeep a couple of years ago and it killed me...with the Unlimited it is nice enough for me to tote clients to lunch and all the utility for fly-fishing with my boys...we are having a blast!

Blessings and thanks...

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Any solutions on recline for rear seat in an Unlimited? Even a couple of inches back would help on a long trek with my wild ones in the back (you guessed it my wife takes my daughter and i take the fellows)!
Congrats. I've heard of folks unbolting the front floor bolts and putting a few washers under the seat legs. That'll tilt the whole unit back a little. Though if you had visions of folks reclining back there, it obviously won't be enough. Not sure on the squeeking noise . . . .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome! I'll find that squeak one way or another..and some way to recline a bit...blessings on y'all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome. I also got a 2012 JKUR. Learnin it and Lovin it. Don't sentence her to life of only pavement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts