Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2012 unlimited Saharah for about one month now. It's automatic transmission, no modifications. On several occasions I am driving, the check engine light turns on and it won't accelerate past 40 mph. The check engine light will turn off on its own within a couple of days. On one occasion I got it up to 60 mph then it lost all power. I have taken it to two different jeep dealers and they apparently cannot find anything wrong with it. when the engine light was still on, I took it to AutoZone and got the code. I took it to the dealer and they said it was an oil filter code. They say it has no stored codes and they cannot replicate the issue. Has anyone heard of this? Please help, what could this be???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do the lifters tick ? Mine is a manual but I had a similar problem, the engine light would come on along with the traction light. The loss of power was the engine trying to save itself from kicking the bucket. It sensed the loss of compression due to a faulty cam and lifters so it reduces power to save itself the dealers tech said. I was fortunate that mine was still under warranty and Chrysler tried to fix it first but had to replace the engine by the end. I'd take it to em and drop it off if it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just for future reference, you can check your own codes with the jeep computer, simply turn the key from the acc. position to the on position and back three times, this will give you any codes that will be present at the time. Look up the code it gives you online, I know quadratec has a very good list of all codes that makes them easy to find and diagnose!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had something similar happen to me. And at a light it just would not accelerate. It happened to be the clutches. I guess the automatics have 4. So the light instance I had to turn it off put it in park and turn it back on. It would get stuck in 3rd gear. It would also switch real hard from 3 to 4th when it was warm and eventually check engine light turned on. Also in the highway couldn't go past 45. It would just rev high. Embarrassing happened while driving co workers back from lunch.

Took it to dealer and check engine light showed "shifting error" took the mechanic for a spin and I got the call later they where replacing all the clutches. A week later got it back and it's been great. This happened to me at around 10k miles on my 2013 automatic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like what's happening to me, thank you for the info, I'll take that to the mechanic since they say they've never heard of this :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was this the code?
P06DD-DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW
Had that issue with my 2012 JKU last year.
On the first trip to the dealer they changed the oil and oil filter because my aftermarket oil filter was supposedly causing the issue. Code came back a few days later.
Second trip they changed the oil pressure sensor. I'm not sure where that sensor is, but there were 13 gaskets involved in the sensor replacement. Code came back about 2 months later.
Last trip they replaced the oil pump. No codes for the past 5 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts