Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I live in New York City and Im looking at purchasing a new 2012 Sahara 4x4 Unlimited and I got a bad taste in my mouth after test driving a truck that a dealer had shipped in for me. They asked me for a 500.00 deposit to get in a truck that had the options i wanted. Basically they attempted to force me to purchase the truck because, "they spent 40,000 to get the truck here". Either way, Im trying to make sure the price they are giving me is competitive.

Its a Sahara 4x4 with: Leather Heated Seats, Dual Top Painted HardTop, Connectivity Group, 730 Media Center, Remote Start.

MSRP on the sticker is 39,000. They are quoting me around 34,500.

Also, how can i tell if they have the antispin differential? And do I want a LSD if I'm only going off road on snowboarding trips and some beach runs?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Go through the post below and add up the invoice prices for all of your options. Many people have easily gotten their vehicles for 1% below that, with and without various club affiliations.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2012-wrangler-information-thread-101089.html

It SEEMS to me that your vehicle built the way you want would come to $35,373 invoice (with LSD). So $34,500 is already a good deal, unless I added something wrong. Be sure to do your own math.

A $500 deposit isn't a huge deal, mine was $1,000. Be sure they understand that you can walk away at ANY time for ANY reason and take your cash with you. Non-refundable deposits are illegal in most states.

To see if you have LSD, look at the window sticker or call Jeep customer service with the VIN handy. Or ... turn off traction control and stomp the throttle on a wet surface. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts