Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this already but since some of you guys are starting to get your new 2012 wranglers I want to make sure the answer is the same. Will a 2012 soft top fit on a 2009 Sahara and will I need to buy anything for it to fit. I was told before it will fit but that was before anyone got there jeep. I'm asking because my sister offered to give me her softtop because she will only take of the 2 pieces of the hard top and the doors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure can :)

Your lucky. I just bought a new Bestop for my Tj then traded it in for a 07 w/ only a hard top :(
Waiting for someone to see me a factory for cheap :)
I know I got lucky. Only reason am getting the top is because she is too short to put the soft top on and off. Any idea how much I would pay for the 2009 door surrounds

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I pretty sure you will need the 2012 door surrounds if your using a 2012 top. Not sure you want 2009 door surrounds and a 2012 top

I know like on the new Bestop tops you need the new surrounds for them. Older tops will work with the new surrounds but the new surrounds are needed for the new tops. Not sure this is the same for factory tops but Bestop does make the factory top.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I pretty sure you will need the 2012 door surrounds if your using a 2012 top. Not sure you want 2009 door surrounds and a 2012 top

I know like on the new Bestop tops you need the new surrounds for them. Older tops will work with the new surrounds but the new surrounds are needed for the new tops. Not sure this is the same for factory tops but Bestop does make the factory top.
I didnt know if the correct door surrounds went by the year of the jeep or by the year of the top. So if I understand this, 2012 top, 2012 door surrounds/hardware on a 2009 jeep would work.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Usually by top. When I ordered mine at the first of the year, the new surround was for all years not just one year. But the new tops have different supports that need certain grooves to hold new style supports so the newer surround is needed. The older surrounds didn't have these little extra features to them.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
2009 door surrounds will not work with a post 2009 top. The drip rails were redesigned in 2010. You must have all of the 2012 hardware, including the door surrounds in order for it to fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts