Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, first post..

wife and i bought a new 2012 wrangler sport, with a soft-top, and now the rainy season is upon us, we noticed theres no drip rail per say on the top.. when you climb out of it, and its raining, you actually get soaked, the water just pours straight down.. is there a drip rail add-on available for these?? thanx alot

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just a channel above the door so it directs water away when you open the door, just like on cars with a roof.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah,, is there a fix for that or should i jsut make something.. wife hates it when she gets out and gets soaked.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Park your JK next to a TJ. You will notice the TJ's top extends out over the door. Where the JK's top is pretty much even or a little behind the door. Bad design. I got a little wet exiting my TJ but the JK is a waterfall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, if thats the worst feature, then its tolerable.. but i will still have to fab something to keep the mrs happy.

thanx alot you guys.

Rick

·
Registered
34,630 Posts
When I have my soft top on and the top is wet I just jump on the rock rail and it knocks the water off so I can get in not get wet.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
MrSig said:
When I have my soft top on and the top is wet I just jump on the rock rail and it knocks the water off so I can get in not get wet.
X2

A year and I just figured this out. All I do is rock the jeep and most of it drains off. If I don't as soon as I put my foot in the jeep- it all drains onto me.

If you are in the jeep push up on the area near the door. You will see it drain out.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
You were waiting for it rofl
Not this time...I posted a pee-in-the-snow smiley in another thread this morning, and saw the one above during my search. After that...BAM!...you gave it to me.

I know what you mean about the OEM top, though. First rainy day I had my Jeep I came out of the grocery store and yanked open the door and got hosed. Not a problem with the ORH top, luckily...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts