Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My window sticker (2 dr) says Wrangler Sport but it has the 24S package w/17 inch wheels, AC etc. Plus it has the supplemental side air bags and a Freedom top. Does this make it an "S" model or just a Sport? is the 24S package what defines the "S" model?

I'm new to Wranglers and the question has been bugging mw since there doesn't seem to be any external ID like the is on a Sahara or Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have never seen a window sticker say Sport S on it. The preferred group 24S shows it is a Sport S. Confusing at first, I know from when I was buying.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
There is no *just a Sport*. It IS a sport. And it may have the *S* package on it.
Sport, Sahara, Rubicon. All have available add on packages.

Mine is a Sport. No S package. Roll up windows. But boy what a *Sport* it is

:thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
The base Sport is bare bones, sort to speak. No A/C, 16" steel wheels. The "S" package includes the, 17" alluminum wheels, A/C, leather wrapped steering wheel and deep tinted sunscreen windows.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
As I have found out, the base Sport can be a very BROAD category.

I have a base Sport - but I have A/C, 17" wheels, premium top, and the black appearance package (tube step rails, gas cap cover, tail light guards). So its almost an S, but not quite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The base Sport is bare bones, sort to speak. No A/C, 16" steel wheels. The "S" package includes the, 17" alluminum wheels, A/C, leather wrapped steering wheel and deep tinted sunscreen windows.

x2. I bought a 2010 sport and was told it was the S package, and it had all this plus PW and PD. PW/PD and 17's were the main things I was told make it an S package.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Keep in mind there is a big difference between the two door and four door models as well.

A 4 door Sport without the S package can be loaded up with a lot more options than a 2 door without the S package.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Oh. Thanks for the clarification :thumb:

However.... There isn't a Sport S decal to differentiate between non Sport S... Just
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon

Or maybe there is? Oh well. It's all good.
No problem. I wasn't trying to bust on you. Just sharing what Jeep thinks. I see lots of Sports on the road and have no clue whether they have the S package or not because they all use the same Sport decal.

Although someone somewhere probably had a Sport S decal special made. LOL

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Keep in mind there is a big difference between the two door and four door models as well.

A 4 door Sport without the S package can be loaded up with a lot more options than a 2 door without the S package.
And the 4 door S comes with a lot of stuff that costs extra on the 2 door S.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Not true! The 4 and 2 dr have the same option list. A sport S comes with PW PD and 17 inche wheels on either 4D or 2D.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts

Not true! The 4 and 2 dr have the same option list. A sport S comes with PW PD and 17 inche wheels on either 4D or 2D.
False. Go check out the official Jeep website. There are options that are standard on an Unlimited Sport S but not the 2 DR Sport S.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Ummm.....No. PW/PL cost $700 more on the 2 door and I believe the 4 door also comes with tinted windows that are a few hundred extra.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts