Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning y'all,

I have owned my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara now for a month and love every bit of it except .....

Twice now, my Uconnect will freeze up. None of the side buttons will work. The touchscreen won't respond. Can't turn the power off on it. Nothing. The only thing that works once this freeze happens is the open / close button.

I shut the car off and the screen remains on for 5 minutes or so then goes dark. Start it back up and it's like nothing has happened.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there known problems for this?

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
What model radio is it? Look on the lower right hand corner of the radio faceplate. There is a 3 digit code there.

Morning y'all,

I have owned my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara now for a month and love every bit of it except .....

Twice now, my Uconnect will freeze up. None of the side buttons will work. The touchscreen won't respond. Can't turn the power off on it. Nothing. The only thing that works once this freeze happens is the open / close button.

I shut the car off and the screen remains on for 5 minutes or so then goes dark. Start it back up and it's like nothing has happened.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there known problems for this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not near the Jeep at the moment, but I have the Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV installed.

If that does not work, I can run out to my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happens to me. Drives me crazy when I'm on a long trip or sitting in traffic and cannot reset the radio without turning the car off for more than 5 minutes. Hoping to find a resolution to this issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trouble with soft-keys for 730N/RHR

Having trouble with soft-keys on 6.5-inch touch screen for uconnect 730N/RHR. They do not respond to "touch" and/or they invoke without "touch", i.e. a radio preset with change the channel, or the Navigation system will ask for "press" to find map location, or OK button with turn on/off.
Any DIY fix, I want to avoid going into the dealer and get upsold to a new radio.

Thanks
T---

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Thanks for asking. It’s been a while since I fixed the problem ... here’s what I did. On eBay, I found a replacement LCD screen, bought it ~$200, removed and replaced the broken one. It’s been working since, about 5 years now. The factory installed an unreliable component... and unfortunately the crappy LCD screen survived the warranty ... nevertheless it was really easy to install, so ... best wishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts