835 Posts
:thumb: :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

·
Support Your Member
200 Posts
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
Interested in leaks too with the hardtop. Also, the other stuff. Missing skid plates? Gas regurgitate? Wrong gears? Empty beer can hidden in the back?

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Buy a TJ, they don't leak.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Mortalis5509 said:
Buy a TJ, they don't leak.
Buy a CJ, they didn't have tops!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where are those reviews?? I wonder how many '12s are in customer hands yet? Also, since the '12s are now trickling onto dealer lots, I wonder why the auto-journos aren't writing about them yet?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Where are those reviews?? I wonder how many '12s are in customer hands yet? Also, since the '12s are now trickling onto dealer lots, I wonder why the auto-journos aren't writing about them yet?
There are no reviews for two reasons.

1. Very few have actually taken delivery. I don't know what the current count is, but I'm almost certain you could count them on one hand.

2. Those that have them are out driving them and don't have time to write a review.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Let me add my worthless comment here. Start a new thread but encourage comments/posts from those with a review and discourage those with seconday commentary. Like me!

·
Registered
552 Posts
There are no reviews for two reasons.

1. Very few have actually taken delivery. I don't know what the current count is, but I'm almost certain you could count them on one hand.

2. Those that have them are out driving them and don't have time to write a review.
4 2012's (all manuals) were sold this past Friday at the dealership where I got mine...and you're not hearing a lick from us because we're too busy playing with the new toy!

Besides the engine (for the 6 speeds), there were very few changes from the 2011...a few grab handles are thrown in, the 730n is new (and pretty nice for what I have been able to use so far), but that is about it that I can tell.

If you have specific questions, just list them and I'll try to get to them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
4 2012's (all manuals) were sold this past Friday at the dealership where I got mine...and you're not hearing a lick from us because we're too busy playing with the new toy!

Besides the engine (for the 6 speeds), there were very few changes from the 2011...a few grab handles are thrown in, the 730n is new (and pretty nice for what I have been able to use so far), but that is about it that I can tell.

If you have specific questions, just list them and I'll try to get to them.

Newb here so, what is the 730n? I know I could search but.... don't want to.

I'm interested in the new motor's performance. How does it feel? How does it perform and rev? How does the torque feel? I am only interested in the 6sp manual btw. Thanks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Newb here so, what is the 730n? I know I could search but.... don't want to.

I'm interested in the new motor's performance. How does it feel? How does it perform and rev? How does the torque feel? I am only interested in the 6sp manual btw. Thanks!
730n RHR is the "media center" upgrade form the existing 430n. Both are decent systems, but with the extra cost of the 730n, you get voice command (cool), dead reckoning (cool), Sirius traffic and a bit different display.

The performance of the 6 speed is great! I truly enjoy driving it--even while trying to drive fairly conservatively to break in the new engine (200 miles to go!). Although the new JKU is still no speed demon, it manages much better now...and passing on the highway is no longer a challenge.

The shifting is smooth so far and the torque is great, but I am really looking forward to getting this rig offroad to really play with that torque.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts