Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought brand new back in 2012. 63,100 miles on it. Take excellent care of it. Last Thursday as I was making an idle-slow u-turn out of neighborhood, jeep shuts off. No lights came on, no vibrations, no noises. Turned the key off and restarted no problem. Happened again on Saturday as I was sitting at a stoplight. Just took it in to Jeep dealership and they said there were no codes and that there was nothing they could do about it. Anyone else have this same issue? Frustrated because they didn't even want to check the battery and I haven't changed the battery once in 5 years?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2012 JK with 80000. I had to change my battery last year. Go to Auto Zone and get it checked free. They will also check the codes for you.

I suspect you may have a battery problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, but service advisor at Jeep dealership said if it was the battery the light or a code would show. But tomorrow I will take it to get the battery checked somewhere else

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
First- if you haven't replaced your battery you're incredibly lucky. They tend to die after 3 years. It's like they're dated to expire in 3 years. Go buy a lottery ticket and a new battery.
Did the lights on the dash still work? But it wouldn't turn over? Check your M29 fuse. It's supposed to be a kill switch fuse in case of roll over. My Jeep died completely on a trail at random- thought it was the battery and replaced it. Then it died on the freeway in exactly the same way- no rhyme or reason.
:zap: Towed it to the dealer- no codes. Checked all the fuses and it was M29.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will have to check that fuse. I was also told by another wrangler owner that it could be the crankshaft sensor? I went and got my battery tested and they said it was bad so need to get a new one of those. May also get that lottery ticket haha! I'm not a mechanic whatsoever; wish more jeep people lived in my area!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts