Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok jeepers, got a simple question for all owners out there that have been there done that with tire and wheel fitting. I have a 2012 Wrangler Sahara with the 18" factory wheels, auto six speed tranny and 3:21 gears. I live in the city and don't really get out in the off road country, yet! Lol, so my MPG ratio is important and I don't have the money to invest in upgrading the gear ratio at this time.

I would like to know what the largest tire combo I could go with that will not hurt the jeeps performance and make a negative impact on my MPG. I know 33's are out of the picture here and let me repeat i dont want to loose any performance at all! I think more importantly I don't want to affect my motor performance since I do allot of highway and hill driving on city and highway roads.

In addition would a small/simple two inch lift do the jeep some good in regards to looks and stance? If so what is a good system to go with, like a Teraflex? More importantly will a two inch lift take away my factory stance in regards to the rake or how the front sits slightly lower than the rear? I do not want to level the jeep out. Call me crazy but I like the rake look and how it sits when in the driver seat. I want to keep that factory stance just add two inches to the height of the the stance overall. Hope I am making sense of what I am asking here!

Anyway, from all the awesome advise and other related resources I have found from this site I figured all the experienced jeepers out there could help me out with these basic questions. I have added a picture of my JK to source as needed if that helps! Plus I just like sharing the pictures because I can't stop looking at it lololol!

Thanks upfront for any assistance on these newbie questions.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have 2012 Sahara with stock 18's as well and got rid of those for the same as other poster 33 1250 15 duratracs and absolutely love them, i have 12000 miles in 5 1/2 months and don't think it's affected performance at all.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast replies and awesome pictures! So if I am understanding correctly I could go with 33's and not effect the jeeps performance even with the six speed auto tranny and 3:21 gears? If thats correct that is awesome news! I love the power of the new V6 and make use of the six speed auto tranny allot on my highway travels so I just don't want to face that six gear power loss issue.

Had I known better I would have gotten the 3:73 gears versus my 3:21 but she is in the driveway now and 3:21 is what I have to work with for now. My concern and question come from reading so many post about owners ruining into power loss issues with the 3:21 gears and upgrading tire sizes.

Sweet feedback Jeepers, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts