Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last oil change I had the dealership do it. I wanted to change my oil and i drained the oil today(Sunday). Went to change the oil filter and it was tight, after getting the cap off i removed the filter then as i turned it here parts falling. I read the post on this to see what was going on and now I need to get this fixed. I assume it would not be safe to drive and I would have to have this towed to the dealership correct?
I have the lifetime warranty package so I am hoping that they will replace it for free and there should be towing coverage too in this package. If not, I have AAA towing. Can this be safely driven?

·
Registered
925 Posts
You did not mention what broke, but the older oil filter housings were prone break internally (oil filter bypass valve). If that is only what broke, you may be able to get an aftermarket part and fix it with that. If you plan to keep your Jeep longer, I would just get a whole new oil filter housing assembly. That way, you have the latest design, plus it will include your oil pressure sensor, which is also known to fail. Although, your warranty may not cover an upgraded new oil filter housing assembly if the old one can be fixed.

·
Retired Moderator
100,578 Posts
Your local O'Rielly's parts stores carry them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts