Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with their 2012?
I have had mine for 6 months and already needed my 6th cylinder head replaced, drive bed replaced due to it cracking and shredding and the pullies replaced. All were considered to be manufacturer defects.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
No Problems yet, but have only had ours for a couple of months and not quite 4000 miles. Will keep an Eye out and post if something comes up!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have had mine for 6 months and already needed my 6th cylinder head replaced, drive bed replaced due to it cracking and shredding and the pullies replaced. All were considered to be manufacturer defects.

Can I ask how many miles when your first head was replace?

·
Registered
58 Posts
4 months and 10,000 km still running strong.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
If you have had to have the cylinder head replaced six times and it is the same dealer doing the repairs, I would look at going to another dealer for service.

I have a hard time believing that it is the the cylinder head that has "failed" ALL six times.

6K miles and no problems yet. I have the "Lifetime Warranty", so I am not too concerned.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
71K5 said:
If you have had to have the cylinder head replaced six times and it is the same dealer doing the repairs, I would look at going to another dealer for service.

I have a hard time believing that it is the the cylinder head that has "failed" ALL six times.

6K miles and no problems yet. I have the "Lifetime Warranty", so I am not too concerned.
The 6th cylinder head was only replaced once

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I took that to mean the #6 cylinder was bad and the head was replaced...once. The original post was just worded poorly.

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
Does that mean it was cylinder #6 and replacing the head once fixed it? I'm assuming that's what it means.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
The biggest problem I have is that I drive it too much.

- squeaky driverseat

- rattle inside the dashboard somewhere

That about sums it up for issues with mine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My 2013 has been in and out of the dealership, for about a month of down time for a water leak that they have been unable to fix.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
My 2013 has been in and out of the dealership, for about a month of down time for a water leak that they have been unable to fix.
Where's the leak coming from?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Where's the leak coming from?
I think the leak is coming in under the seal on the top of the windshield, water and comes in on by the right top front window seal and drips on the dash and on the door. The dealer blames the leak on the door window seal and they have replaced the seal. The even had the factory rep come in and look at it. I am getting tired of my new Jeep being in the shop all the time, because they are unable so far to fix the leak. I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 rental car to drive. Right now they are waiting on a new right half door window to come in. They are hoping that the new part will stop the leak.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts