Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once it started getting below about 40, my brake pedal started feeling like it's locked in the morning. I cant push it down, cant pump it. I have a manual, so if the e-brake isnt fully engaged it rolls. They work after 30 seconds or so with the engine running, so I'm guessing it's a hydrolic issue, anyone else had issue?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't mess around with bad brakes. Take it in. This is a total guess on my part but there is a vacuum pump in the system and maybe it's not working.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had horrible experience with the service departments at the four closest dealers to me, I figure when I take it in they're going to tell me they can reproduce the issue, which of course is going to be the case because it only does it in the morning when it's cold out and the Jeep's been sitting all night.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Drop it off in their parking lot right outside their service dept the night before so it gets nice and cold and settled. Show up there as soon as they open their doors and get a tech, a service advisor and if possible a service manager to see it by walking over to your jeep... that way it is present when you are present and they cannot say they can't reproduce the issue.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Sounds like a defective brake booster or a vacuum leakdown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts