Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking every where and not sure if I am over looking it or it is not there. I noticed that Jeep.com says the dual top option comes with the premium sun rider top:thumb:, but the Jeep.ca does not mention the same.

Does that mean that if you order in the USA you get the upgraded soft top when you order the dual top option but in Canada you just get the regular version.

This does not seem right to me but looking for some outside help with this to confirm this. I ordered the dual top group under the impression it came with the upgraded soft top. My new jeep is here and it only came with the regular soft top.:banghead:

Jason

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Do you happen to know if the dual top price changed from 2012 to 2013 for Canada? Here in the US, it went from $1600 to $2000, which is the exact same $400 they charge for the premium top as a standalone option. So while it's included, you do get to pay for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have they updated jeep.ca with the 2013 info, last time I was on it they only had 2012 info on the site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the dual top, and I think it came with the premium sun rider top. It is a fabric material. Really nice looking and very quiet. Does that make it premium? Window sticker does not say premium, just dual top group and delete sun rider soft top. I also have a Rubicon if that makes a difference. I am in Ontario.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
95JEEP what color is the interior of your soft top??? IS it black or grey??? Would you be able to post some interior and exterior pictures of your soft top. I do not have the window sticker with pricing nearby me so can nt tell you the price other then I know it was the dual top option. From what I understand the regular and premium top are identical other then the material they are made out of. My soft top interior is grey and thin overall. Watching youtube videos of the premium version installs their top looks nothing like mine at all. When did you order and get your Jeep. Mine was ordered on August 4th and delivered on October 3rd. Local dealer has no clue as to what the premium or regular soft top is to look like or what options come with what... so they were a complete waste of time. I had the dealer confirm that it was to include the premium soft top but now it is delivered and signed for he has completely forgotten that conversation.
The dealer even went as far to say it could have been no stock when my jeep was built ... or that was a newer option / discontinued option depending on when I talk to him.

Looking for some help to confirm which top was sent with my Jeep, and if there was any actions I could take to get the proper top for my jeep

Sorry no other dealers nearby to check and confirm with without a very long drive.

Thanks for the help
Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
My soft top is in storage for the winter, but I will try to take a look at it this weekend. I can't remember what color the interior is. I think it was ether black or a very dark gray. I also have the build sheet at home I will take a look to see what it says. I went in to order my Jeep, but dealer found almost exactly what I wanted at another local dealer. So I bought that one instead of waiting. Jeep was built late July, purchased Aug 11. The windows are tinted as well.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My dealer has led me to believe the standard soft top is vinyl on the outside as it has always been while the premium top is an acrylic cloth. The difference should be completely obvious between vinyl and the fuzzy feel of the acrylic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just noticed under standard equipment on my window sticker it lists premium soft top. Maybe it is standard on Rubicon and Sahara. Is yours a Rubicon, Sahara or Sport? Maybe that maters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it looks like my dealer owes me a premium soft top aftewr all. After many conversartions with the dealer and him emailing Chrysler Canada with them saying I got the proper soft top. Well after doing some research I found a press release from Chrysler Canada that will help me to gwet the premium soft top as avertised.

http://www.chryslercanada.ca/produc...Wrangler-Unlimited/CN_2013_JP_Wrangler_HS.pdf

Everyone who is getting the dual top option in Canada please look at the link above and make sure you get the proper soft top with your jeep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts