Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone understand the number/letter coding on the 2013 coil spring tags....the ones I am looking at on ebay have the following tag for the rears 68196009AA and the fronts read 68196006AA. The tags on the 2012's are easy to read as the last two numbers indiate the rate.

Looking to swap out my 2012's front 13's and rear 55's to get a little lift out of it on my 2door sahara.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Now, that's new. Why would they do that?

2013 springs must be a complete redesign or just the trailing letters would have been changed. Right??

Can you post some pics of your spring tags?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I think those are 10 anniversary springs

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Now, that's new. Why would they do that?

2013 springs must be a complete redesign or just the trailing letters would have been changed.

Can you post some pics of your spring tags?
I have a 2013 and i posted pics on the OP's previous thread, i guess they are making the numbers weird now.

·
4,666 Posts
I think those are 10 anniversary springs
You must be right because....

I have a 2013 and i posted pics on the OP's previous thread, i guess they are making the numbers weird now.
tab22092 has the normal numbering system shown in his pics.....

That was a short-lived mystery.... :thumb:

p.s. I guess you know, tab, that you can get quite a nice OEM "lift" by buying Mopar 19/60 springs for a little more than 100 bucks.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So ive heard lol, im just worried about having too much lift with them bc i do have a 2" BB right now and that would put me above 3" right? Personally i love the way the softer springs ride with this BB!

·
4,666 Posts
Personally i love the way the softer springs ride with this BB!
That's a good thing! :thumb:

And, I know just what you mean. Mine rides so perfectly I don't want to touch the suspension in any way!

Yet....

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
That's a good thing! :thumb:

And, I know just what you mean. Mine rides so perfectly I don't want to touch the suspension in any way!

Yet....
Hahaha oh man dont get me started lol i say yet at least 3 to 5 times a day! Lmao i am thinking about changing the shocks and sway bar links though.... See this is what i mean lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fr the feedback folks....the springs in question were some I found on ebay with the motivation of changing out my current 13/55 "crap" springs for something that will give me some lift for a bumper upgrade and upgrade to 33's without the cost of a lift for my 2dr.

·
Registered
339 Posts
D.B. If you're still considering that route, I have a set of 18/59 springs and the gas charged shocks that I recently pulled off of my 2013 JKU Rubicon up for sale. I had 6,400 miles on the Jeep when I pulled them off. I'd be happy to include the front sway bar links as well if you want them. I'm looking to get $200 for everything. Shoot me a note if you're interested!

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I also have a set of rear 60's for sale $60 shipped. I was going to use them but think I will go with some aev or teraflex sprngs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts