Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing that everyday i have to Re-adjust my seat up. I do NOT have power seats and utilize the handle to "pump" up the seat. even on long drives i notices that after about an hour i have to re-raise it. I'm definitely not a big buy so that is not the problem. ( i knew someone would go that direction). It's not alot, maybe an inch most before i notice it. Anyone else having this problem??

·
Registered
793 Posts
I noticed it too! I was guessing it was happening when sliding off of the seat when getting out. Looks like I might be wrong.

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
You can search the forum for the answer but the reason is that when you enter/exit your Jeep you bump the lever. If you want to know how to fix it you will have to do the search.;)

BTW, 2013 has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have the same issue but I, like many others thought it was from sliding over the handle as I got in and out. The fix is to reposition the handle which requires a notch being added to the handle. Here is the thread that tells you how to do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Happens to me also…and damn sure I AM NOT SLIDING ACROSS THE HANDLE. Looking into the helpful link though

·
Registered
892 Posts
You would have thought this issue would have been addressed when Chrysler put new seats in the JK for 13. I guess not. The seat adjustment lever is probably the same. I have never had any issue with this in my 12 even though a lot of people complain about it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the same issue and it drives me friggen crazy. I utilize the side step to get in and out typically so I don't think mine is dropping due to sliding across the lever.

I don't have to re-pump up the seat on a daily basis but easily 1-2x per week. Very annoying

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I've never had to adjust my seat beyond the first time I did.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Man...and here I was blaming my fiance on changing my seat around!!:facepalm:

I think I'll just roll with that though and continue to blame her, lol.:rofl:

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is because you are over 5 ft tall.

Ahhh. Perhaps that's it. Of course, I've never been accused of being tall...so this rebuke feels really good. :)

Now that I think about it, I can't say for certain that mine is still pumped up. I am 5' 7", so I probably gave it a pull once and then never gave it another thought. I'll have to check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts