Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Since I finished up my 2000 XJ build, I've decided a Wrangler might be in order next. This is my first ever Wrangler and I love it. I'm hooked on this color and found one close to me with all the options I wanted. Power, hard top, 3.73 limited slip. So it's a go.

Here's how it looked when we picked it up: Nothing fancy, just stock! 35k.

Next major change.. a set of 2015 Rubi wheels, takeoffs with hardly any miles.

And that's it so far. Not sure what the major plans are yet... lift and 35's with a front e-locker? Stay tuned and hope you enjoy the build. :D

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Geckos Rule!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates and Upgrades....

This is a great hitch from Quadratec.. I love that the nuts are welded in and it came with everything, plug and play harness and even a Jeep logo cover. Great deal at $79 shipped.

Here are finished pics..
Hitch installed, Mopar side steps, 3 stage Mothers Wax applied, All decals removed (It's a blank slate now!), Tow hooks painted red, Plasti-dip on the grill emblem and Rugged Ridge tail light covers and one last little sticker on the rear bumper.. you have to look close...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More updates....

GraBars installed... these are a great mod. I use them every single time I get in, and will come in handy when I install a lift.

Rancho Tube doors along with the Spiderwebshade Skins. Love the combination.. the skins really cut down on the wind/noise. Both items fit well. I bought some aftermarket mirrors to add on since mine were power and I wasn't going to remove them from the door.

I bought a soft top from a local club member. Besttop. It'll be used for the summer, trail riding etc. It's not perfect but the fit is great and it's been raining here like crazy so it's coming in handy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Looking great so far, always loved gecko

·
Registered
656 Posts
Those wheels look, GREAT!

For those rim, you need to paint the hubs or get center caps, the rust will take away from the look of the Jeep. Also if you happen to get muddy in your Jeep, and have to drive it, you'll need to wash your wheels, the mud will unbalance the tires. Other than those two minor problems, they are great wheels!

OH! one other thing, buy a second set of rock protectors if you go rock crawling, you'll eat them up on the rocks. I have two sets one for driving around "town" and the other for crawling.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More progress to report....

Solid diff covers and JKS quick disco's...

I relocated the factory vacuum pump from the bumper up here with the OR Fab bracket. It's a good little cheap kit.

And here I am waiting to my grinding tool to hack up the front frame so I can install my new bumper. Pretty slick huh?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some updates... Full Rock Hard 4x4 Skids. Took her wheeling and gave her hell... did awesome, open front diff and all! Removed the muffler for clearance.. sounds great. Got it all cleaned up again, ready for the next adventure and more upgrades... winch and rock rails coming soon.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts