Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first mod i did was remove the chrome tail light guards. I will probably spray them black in the summer.

The second mod I did was flip my mirror upside down.

Third: plastic grill mesh (cost around $15 total)

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stereo Mod

I won't go in full detail on my stereo mod but i will say what i got.

Head unit
Pioneer AVH-X4500BT

Speakers
Front:
165A1 - Focal Access 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers
Back:
Focal Access 165 CA1 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speaker Kit

I started out with just the head unit and speakers but figured I would try an amp and see if it makes a difference. So I picked up a cheap amp.

Amp:
Nitro Bmw-x43 300 Watt 4 Channel Car Amplifier

The speakers and head unit work great but today I attempted to install the amp and when I turned to key the amp went POP! and smoke came out of it. I took the amp apart and found out one of the capacitors exploded so I removed the capacitor and the amp seems to be working. Tomorrow I will pick a new capacitor and put it in.

Pics

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More on the stereo mod

off the head unit theirs a wire that you are supposed to connect to your hand break so you can only use Bluetooth and some other features when not moving.

I connected the wire that goes to the hand break to the remote wire and it unlocks all features when driving.

DO NOT USE THIS TO WATCH MOVIES WHEN DRIVING!

·
Registered
242 Posts
off the head unit theirs a wire that you are supposed to connect to your hand break so you can only use Bluetooth and some other features when not moving.

I connected the wire that goes to the hand break to the remote wire and it unlocks all features when driving.

DO NOT USE THIS TO WATCH MOVIES WHEN DRIVING!
Good tip on connecting the wire to unlock everything. Any other tips on the speaker installs? Especially the components. Did you screw down the crossovers somehow? or are they just stuffed loosely behind the dash panel? Any special mods to attach the tweeters.

I am planning to put in Alpine components as soon as my Jeep arrives (it's in transit)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good tip on connecting the wire to unlock everything. Any other tips on the speaker installs? Especially the components. Did you screw down the crossovers somehow? or are they just stuffed loosely behind the dash panel? Any special mods to attach the tweeters.

I am planning to put in Alpine components as soon as my Jeep arrives (it's in transit)
I just used double sided tape on the crossovers. once u open up your dash you will see all the places you could stick them. the hardest part was getting the front speaker boxes out. I used hot glue to attach the tweeters.

Also the unlock wire hack only half works. You can only setup Bluetooth devices using the video in and other features still dont work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts