Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Load VirtualBox and dual boot to windows?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
From my copy...

Minimum requirements to run this application are:

- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Intel based computer
- 1GB minimum
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- Adobe SVG Plugin installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my copy...

Minimum requirements to run this application are:

- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Intel based computer
- 1GB minimum
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- Adobe SVG Plugin installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
Thanks! that's helpful. How is the information presented? Is it mostly useful stuff?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If you want to DIY, the service manual is a must. It's presented by vehicle group such as steering, brakes, front suspension, rear suspension, differential and driveline... really everything about your vehicle including transfer case, transmission, clutch, body, heating and AC, electrics and wiring. There are hundreds of diagrams and the info you need to remove and replace everything, and what special tools may be required to complete the job.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
$135. Ouch.
That hefty price tag isn't the end of the cost either... they charge for handling and shipping that adds another $50!

My last Wrangler lasted me 16 years, and I'd still have it if I hadn't wanted air conditioning now that I'm an old guy. I bought the paper factory manual and was lucky it didn't completely fall apart from all the use I got out of it. My new JK will be the last trail worthy Jeep I own I'm pretty sure. I'll spend hundreds of hours working on it down the line, and knowing what to do without wondering... "do I really need to pull that bolt to get to what I want?" is worth a lot to me.

I like to know what to do, instead of relying on forum posts by folks that may offer inaccurate information or worse, totally wrong and unsafe advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts