Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or is the horn on the new JK really loud annoying from inside the car? I was used to my dads 2011 unlimited that has a more subtle horn.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Does the horn sound off spontaneously?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Too loud.....too soft. I'm sure Chrysler would get a good laugh over this. Can't please everyone. They changed the horn this year because of the complaints that it was too weak. Pretty standard sounding to me but not for everyone.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There are a ton of threads of how the JK horn is anemic and a good number of us replaced the stock horn with an aftermarket upgrade. I know the horn was apparently "improved" for 2013, but I don't see (hear) how it could be too loud. Isn't that the idea? Prior to the upgrade my horn made me :rofl:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a ton of threads of how the JK horn is anemic and a good number of us replaced the stock horn with an aftermarket upgrade. I know the horn was apparently "improved" for 2013, but I don't see (hear) how it could be too loud. Isn't that the idea? Prior to the upgrade my horn made me :rofl:
It just sounds really loud inside the car, I guess since its my first jeep I just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The first time I hit the horn in my 2012 with my wife in the jeep, she turned to me and said " you have a gay jeep." :eek: :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It's a HORN. A safety measure. If it keeps others from hitting me, then it could sound like a fog horn inside for all I care...

·
Registered
936 Posts
I probably use the horn less than 10 times a year. If it was really loud and annoying, I'd probably use it even less. Unless I wanted to annoy someone with my loud horn.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thundercat68 said:
The first time I hit the horn in my 2012 with my wife in the jeep, she turned to me and said " you have a gay jeep." :eek: :facepalm:
Lmfao!!!! That's why my jeep sounds like.... The horn in it would be more suitable for a VW bug than a trail warrior!

My Cherokee sounds like a train though... And I like it that way!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
If you prefer the 2011 horn, someone with one of those would probably swap with you since most of us find the older horn "lacking"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I so agree! Sounds pathetic! If I hit my horn I want no one to mistake where it is cocming from. Suggestions about what kind of air horn I should upgrade to???

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I so agree! Sounds pathetic! If I hit my horn I want no one to mistake where it is cocming from. Suggestions about what kind of air horn I should upgrade to???
If you want a louder horn just upgrade to the 2013 horn, huge difference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I probably use the horn less than 10 times a year. If it was really loud and annoying, I'd probably use it even less. Unless I wanted to annoy someone with my loud horn.
Annoying people is what a horn is for. If a horn played soft jaz, it would not be very effective.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts