Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.......removed rear seat to install new rear cargo mat and am stumped on re-installing procedure. Had the front of seat hooks on the forward most bracket of the two and the seat would not fold forward all the way...being restricted by center console. Placed hooks on the rear bracket and can't get the rear hooks to lock into rear bracket. Nothing in owners manual about removal or re-install. Any help would be appreciated! My lower lumbar discs are about to pop! Thanks Gents

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
As you lower the rear hooks into place, push down and forward on the seat and it will.lock in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice here...makes sense for sure. Just tried it. No luck. Tried front hooks in both front and rear brackets......rear of seat hooks just don't lock in. Really weird. Nothing on You Tube either. Guess I'll take it back to dealer to save my back.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jeez ya, sorry. I have been driving my brothers 2013 for a week now and it seems to go in differently than my 2012. Dealership will do it free and show you how to do it I'm sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you ever figure out why the seat was not locking back into place? Probably an easy solution but Im not seeing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem.....then I tried to lock it down from the front seat....also had the back seat partially opened and the seat snapped into place quickly. Hope this helps..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts