Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 JK will sometimes lock up (steering column, transmition & accelerators) when stoppin and starting, usually at red to green lights or backing into/ pulling into parking spots. Does anyone else have any issues and how this can be resolved? Issue used to happen about once a month, last monday it happened 4x in a day.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
What do you mean by "lock up"? As in it won't move at all when you press the gas pedal? You can't budge the steering wheel at all? It won't go into gear? So it runs but won't move, or it stalls out?

Do you have any mods on your Jeep? Do you have a dealer key?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have a dealer key, the only Mod's i have are bigger tires & a cold air intake. The steering column freezes, as well as the transmition (automatic) and pedals. The pedals dont move, neither does the stick, or the steering wheel. I have to turn the car off, put it in park, then turn it back on for everything to work again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think it is stalling, the engine shuts off and the battery still runs. But it's an automatic so I'm not sure if it is stalling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts