Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this general question has been asked everywhere, but i wanted to get my specific specs out there.

So i apologies ahead of time for being redundant.

I've read and searched a lot on the topic.

I currently have a 2013 JK Sport with 13/55 springs, Stock with softtop.

I just acquired a pair of springs from a JKU 17/58.

I was wondering what the professionals on this forum opinions were.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Opinion about what? The springs will give you a minor lift over stock.
And Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I suppose thats about it... lol
Has anyone had experience with this exact swap, what to expect.. rake change, so forth.

I was thinking once i got these on, see how it looks and see if i should still go for a leveling kit.

Is there any logic to the length and numbering to the springs.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Figure about 1/4" per number increase. Every Jeep is different, so install them and take a look. If needed, add spacers.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
34,854 Posts
Figure about 1/4" per number increase. Every Jeep is different, so install them and take a look. If needed, add spacers.
^This!!!!!!!

:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also seeing some people having different springs for passenger and driver side front? Was this something specific to the year of the jk? Or something else?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have 14/55 stock sport w/ soft top. I also recently acquired some 17/58's. Haven't installed them yet, but my research tells me to expect 1.25-1.5" front and about 1.0" rear give or take of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know much about springs, but I installed 1.75" spacers and even though the lift isn't that high it was visibly a lot more than I expected.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going up from 13/55 to 17/58 will be noticeable. Are you sure it's not 17/59?

I haven't gotten the springs physically in my hands yet, but the pictures show part numbers:

Front: 52126317AC
Rear: 68004458AA

Off a 2013-2014 JKU with less then 300 miles.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I haven't gotten the springs physically in my hands yet, but the pictures show part numbers:

Front: 52126317AC
Rear: 68004458AA

Off a 2013-2014 JKU with less then 300 miles.
Okay. Reason I asked was pure curiosity. My JKU came with 17/59 springs, that's why I was wondering. Maybe a factory oddball with the rear 59 springs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay. Reason I asked was pure curiosity. My JKU came with 17/59 springs, that's why I was wondering. Maybe a factory oddball with the rear 59 springs.
Yeah, from all my research. Its an unknown on what springs you get, but the factory must have some form of guidlines to follow so each jeep is fitted based on their options...

Unless they just have a guy that grabs a mystery box containing springs.. lol

Did yours come with hardtop and/or tow package?

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Yeah, from all my research. Its an unknown on what springs you get, but the factory must have some form of guidlines to follow so each jeep is fitted based on their options...

Unless they just have a guy that grabs a mystery box containing springs.. lol

Did yours come with hardtop and/or tow package?
Hard top, not a "tow package", but it did have the 3.73's. Mine was odd though. had a non-spec hood from the factory (polar edition "power dome" hood).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm getting ready to do my spring swap hopefully in a few days, also got a hold of some new rubi shocks.

I've found several write ups on removing and installing springs (forum members and lift manufacturers) and one thing seems to be inconsistent... loosen all the CA bolts and track bar or not?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Start by jacking the Jeep up, being sure the front tires are a couple inches off the ground, then put jack stands under the frame so the front axle hangs. Take off the front tires. All you should have to do is disconnect the sway bar links on both sides, then disconnect the shocks at the bottom. There ought to be enough flex to easily pull the old springs out and install the new ones, though you may have to push the axle down a bit to get the taller spring in.

I installed 18/59's in mine this way, and had plenty of room...I had previously installed a TerraFlex leveling kit, and the pucks never got in the way.

After you put the Jeep back on the ground, it wouldn't hurt to loosen the frame side of all 8 control arms, then re-torque. They are supposed to be torqued with the vehicle fully on the ground. Lowers are 125 lb/ft, while the uppers are 75 lb/ft.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts