Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 JKU Moab is dyeing intermittingly, will run and start fine over several days then unexplainably will not start, no lights nothing just completely dead. I do have the doors off currently, the battery was replaced two years ago with Autozone 5 year battery. It will start with a jump and fires right up and as said earlier will run fine for several cycles without incident. I also replaced the battery in the key fob. Is not sending any codes.

The jeep has about 80k miles. I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
First check your battery connections and all your grounds. If no problems there then go to your local auto parts store and have the battery and alternator checked. Likely alternator if not grounding or loose connection issue

2011 JKU. NBTX

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, did exactly that and as it turned out the negative connection on the battery had worked loose, tightened and it fired right up. So if anyone searches and finds this thread do the steps below first.

First check your battery connections and all your grounds. If no problems there then go to your local auto parts store and have the battery and alternator checked. Likely alternator if not grounding or loose connection issue

2011 JKU. NBTX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts